Top 5 worst U.S. Presidents. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:24:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Top 5 worst U.S. Presidents. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top 5 worst U.S. Presidents.  (Read 16029 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: February 14, 2012, 04:10:50 PM »

Wow.

Oakvale and Antonio V are so far the only objective lists I've seen so far.

Note: What I mean by "worst" presidents are those who just failed miserably, regardless of political views.

My list:

1. James Buchanan (D-PA)
2. Franklin Pierce (D-NH)
3. John Tyler (I-VA)
4. Andrew Johnson (NU-TN)
5. Herbert Hoover (R-CA)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:41:57 PM »

So you're saying he's the reason religious fundamentalists have been more porminant?

The most religious thing I saw Eisenhower do is say a prayer at his first inauguration.

But I do kind of agree about some of his negatives, especially in regard to foreign policy.  Sure, we can act all warm and fuzzy about his admittance of a "military industrial complex", but that doesn't make him an automatic hero.  If anything that just makes him more of an honest villain.

But the religious crap?  I must be deaf or something because I don't recall Eisenhower going on tv and saying "homosexuality is an evil plague and must be destroyed!" or ranting and raving about how women should be homemakers and shouldn't have promiscuous relations with the menfolk and how the Birth Control League is evil.

SO yeah, I must've missed something while reading up on his wikipedia page or the ten years or so of American History education.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2012, 12:10:41 AM by MechaRepublican »

Calling McKinley a bad president, let alone one of the worst, is complete & utter bull.

I guess it depends on how someone considers a president one of the "worst".
For me I ignore the ideological viewpoints and go more with how "successful" the said President was.  I believe that most people in their right mind would conclude that Presidents like Tyler, Pierce, Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, and Hoover were utter failures in their tenures.

Some people on here seem to take a little more subjective of an approach.

So yeah, by my definition calling McKinely, whose politics I despise by the way, one of our worst presidents is a little crazy.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:36:13 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2012, 06:17:19 PM by MechaRepublican »

1. Franklin Pierce
2. Andrew Johnson
3. Millard Fillmore
4. John Tyler
5. Richard Nixon

I personally think the extent to which Buchanan was a bad President is over stated. There's something to be said about taking over an extremely hostile political environment and keeping it in check for as long as he did.

A similar argument could be said of Andrew Johnson, who is also on your list.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies