Top 5 worst U.S. Presidents. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:28:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Top 5 worst U.S. Presidents. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top 5 worst U.S. Presidents.  (Read 16027 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« on: February 17, 2012, 06:31:06 PM »

1. Wilson
2. Taft
3. LBJ
4. FDR
5. Andrew Johnson
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:54:08 AM »

I do not rank presidents. I have one or two whom I find to be effective but as a libertarian I find that all have transgressed. Furthermore, lists of "good" or "bad" presidents are rarely based off of something of fact that can be measured (such as GDP, production rates, strength of the dollar, inflationary rates) because history is not a fact based study most of the time. History is strongly influenced by personal opinions and personal favorites. My own list of the 5 worst presidents would be mocked by all and so I will not show it. Furthermore, my own list could probably be critiqued to hell and I see no reason to argue it.

I truly wish historians would stop the needless exorcise of listing presidents. Their lists reflect nothing but personal opinion and thus they are useless to any academic study of the presidency. 

And now I am genuinely interested in hearing your list...

I promise not to mock you
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »

Am I the only one who noticed they're all republicans, and that at least two of those are unfair?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 07:03:45 PM »

Am I the only one who noticed they're all republicans, and that at least two of those are unfair?

Adams (either one) wasnt a Republican.   I dont know what you mean by unfair, though I completely disagree with several of the choices.

Firstly, the Adams men were Federalists, and in the latter's case, a National Republican.  Both were forerunners to the modern republican party.  Also, even if were not counting either, four out of five are conservative Republicans.  Come on.. It's one thing to disagree with Ronny's stance on abortion or Coolidge's tariffs, but to deny the fact that both presided over booming economies, (in Reagan's case, 1983 and on), is borderline hackery. Second, I mean completely unfounded.  Adams, whichever one, were fighters against slave power, crusaders for personal liberty, and honorable men and Chief Executives.  McKinley is the president that began trust-busting, and arguably the POTUS that laid the groundwork for for America's crashing onto the world's stage, and rising superpower status.  So yes, that's what I mean by unfair.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies