Another Iowa? Did Mitt really win Maine?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:00:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Another Iowa? Did Mitt really win Maine?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Another Iowa? Did Mitt really win Maine?  (Read 5436 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 06:23:04 PM »

Phil being a Paul hack?*  Never thought I'd see the day...

*Well, not really a "hack" in this case, just reasonable.

An opportunist, really, but it benefits my guy, so whatevs.

How am I being an opportunist or a hack? There really isn't anything "reasonable" about posting this; I'm just posting a story and it would be hilarious, if true. Sure, it benefits my guy but I honestly couldn't bring myself to root for Paul (or Romney, for that matter) on Saturday. Now I'd love to see this taken from Romney but obviously not because it benefits Paul. I'm also a fan of the truth/the real winner being revealed so...yeah...

It wasn't really meant as much of a criticism, except in the context that nearly every other thing you say about Paul is derisive and in general disregard for anything except your guy's Path to VictoryTM.  In other words, your post is opportunistic in the context of declining to criticize Paul because a Paul victory in ME would hurt Romney and thereby help Santorum.

(I'm not ignoring that you've been quieter lately, particularly vis-a-vis Paul, but for now, I'm attributing that to the cascading Santorum surge flowing across the US.)

"Opportunistic" or not, it would have been posted. It's news.

By the way, I've been "quieter" lately because I've decided to be more of an adult. Those of us at the adult table shouldn't constantly be distracted by the loudest one at the kid table.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 06:24:21 PM »

This is beautiful. Looks like They actually tried to steal it from Paul.

This smacks of Joseph Kennedy...
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 06:57:11 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2012, 06:58:51 PM by Mehmentum »

Okay, so Paul lost by about 200 votes, how many votes could Paul conceivably make up in Waldo and Waterfield?  
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 07:02:25 PM »

Let's get to the core of this issue.

I want my two points, therefore Paul must win.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 07:10:16 PM »

Anyone else see the irony in how the GOP are always talking about how the government cant do anything right and the private sector/free market is the key to everything...and yet the majority of the caucuses run by the (private sector) Republican Party are total clusterf##ks.

...and of course if Ron Paul gets his way with his Ninja delegates, he will make an even bigger mockery of them.

compared to what - public sector caucuses?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »

There are several areas that haven't voted yet. My calling this election byzantine was definitely on the mark.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/ME-R#0129
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 01:45:18 AM »

Conspiracy speculation runs rampant.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 01:48:47 AM »

Okay, so Paul lost by about 200 votes, how many votes could Paul conceivably make up in Waldo and Waterfield?  

If corrected results from Waldo and Waterfield could not possibly threaten Romney's lead, Romney ought to be the first to urge the Maine GOP to correct the count.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 02:10:47 AM »

When did Ron Paul supporters turn into Al Gore? Maine is over. Did you see Mitt calling for a recount in Iowa?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 02:11:44 AM »

When did Ron Paul supporters turn into Al Gore? Maine is over. Did you see Mitt calling for a recount in Iowa?

Why would he do that genius? He won the first count.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 02:13:28 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2012, 02:15:41 AM by Politico »

As I understand it, there was no second count. Apparently one caucus transposed their results or something on election night, giving Mitt the win. That was figured out somehow other than an actual second count. After it was sorted out, Santorum became the winner. Mitt could have asked for a recount, and turned it into a big deal, but he did not bother.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 02:24:11 AM »

An election is over when every voter in the state has had his chance to vote at the specified time, and place, and, every vote that has been lawfully cast has been counted. That hasn't happened yet. The folks in Washington county are entitled to caucus, and have their results counted. If the released count had any errors, then, of course, those errors ought to be corrected.

We live in a democracy, not a banana republic.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 02:26:51 AM »

As I understand it, there was no second count. Apparently one caucus transposed their results or something on election night, giving Mitt the win. That was figured out somehow other than an actual second count. After it was sorted out, Santorum became the winner. Mitt could have asked for a recount, and turned it into a big deal, but he did not bother.

That's a fancy way of saying Romney lost, he knew it, and, it felt it prudent to acknowledge the fact that Santorum beat him rather than draw more attention to the recount showing he lost.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 02:32:43 AM »

That's a fancy way of saying Romney lost, he knew it, and, it felt it prudent to acknowledge the fact that Santorum beat him rather than draw more attention to the recount showing he lost.

No, I am quite certain he could have got what he wanted from the Iowa GOP Party. But that would be going a bit too far.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 06:00:38 AM »

Sorry, I want my points. No can do.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 10:14:31 AM »

BACON KING HERE, BRINGING YOU THE LATEST UPDATES IN THE MAINE CAUCUS DISASTER AS IT CONTINUES TO UNFOLD:

Waldo County GOP has meeting, decides to censure State Chairman Webster

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Maine State Senate President: Everyone Here In Washington County is Really Annoyed at the State GOP, So We'll Probably Have Enough People Caucusing to Make a Difference

You must be logged in to read this quote.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 11:38:24 AM »

If you include the Waterville and Waldo County results, Paul is only down by 172 votes.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 11:39:19 AM »

If you include the Waterville and Waldo County results, Paul is only down by 172 votes.

Sure, it's a disgrace and everything, and I'd like to scrap the caucus system entirely....but it still seems incredibly unlikely that Paul could win with the one missing county, even with this reduced margin now.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »

No, I am quite certain he could have got what he wanted from the Iowa GOP Party. But that would be going a bit too far.

I have no doubt that the Iowa GOP would do Romney's bidding in screwing Santorum if they could [they'd go even further to screw Paul], but, there simply are no facts to buttress the case for a Romney victory in Iowa.

No matter how much you want to act like a power playing telling us how it going to be, the folks in Washington county are really pissed the party hacks decided to disenfranchise them for no valid reason. In cause you forgot, our forefathers fought, and died, for the right to vote. When they have their caucus, turnout will be higher than it would have been otherwise, and, those that do turnout will vote for Paul in protest in number greater than they would have had otherwise.

Face facts, the caucuses are just another example of your, and the Romney's tin-ear towards the Republican electorate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2012, 01:11:48 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2012, 01:14:44 PM by Mr. X »

I have no doubt that the Iowa GOP would do Romney's bidding in screwing Santorum if they could [they'd go even further to screw Paul], but, there simply are no facts to buttress the case for a Romney victory in Iowa.

No matter how much you want to act like a power playing telling us how it going to be, the folks in Washington county are really pissed the party hacks decided to disenfranchise them for no valid reason. In cause you forgot, our forefathers fought, and died, for the right to vote. When they have their caucus, turnout will be higher than it would have been otherwise, and, those that do turnout will vote for Paul in protest in number greater than they would have had otherwise.

Face facts, the caucuses are just another example of your, and the Romney's tin-ear towards the Republican electorate.

This
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies