wormyguy for [Northeast Regional] Senate: VOTE NOW!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:53:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  wormyguy for [Northeast Regional] Senate: VOTE NOW!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: wormyguy for [Northeast Regional] Senate: VOTE NOW!!!  (Read 4740 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »

Let me point out all the things wrong with this:

• Grown men are fighting over a 15 year old boy
  • Said fighting is taking place in a fantasy politics game
  • In the thread of someone's Senate Candidacy HQ
  • Said fight is over a months old issue that has been properly buried, yet continues to be dug up

take it elsewhere, gents.

Double emphasis.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2012, 12:55:41 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2012, 12:59:34 AM by worm in a donut »

Presso Releaso Numero Fjórir!

Election Day!!!

Fellow Atlasians and Northeastern citizens,

Election day is upon us!  You may vote in this thread: uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=149115

While I would like you to vote even if you do not vote for me, I strongly urge you to support my campaign for Northeastern Senator.  I am

• The ONLY candidate to present detailed proposals for actual legislation (while the Senate is reduced to debating "joke" legislation).
  • The ONLY candidate to consistently support a volunteer military and a peaceful foreign policy that puts Atlasia first, and who is willing to ensure their implementation with constitutional amendments.
  • The ONLY candidate to propose serious, progressive tax reform that empowers regions, will provide a much-needed increase to activity at the regional level, and promotes automatic countercyclical policy in the case of recession.
  • The candidate with the longest record of public service and reform in the Northeast.

Many thanks for your support,

-wormy
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2012, 01:16:43 AM »

(while the Senate is reduced to debating "joke" legislation).

Are you KIDDING me?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2012, 01:19:13 AM »

He isn't. Marokai is a Senator.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2012, 01:19:53 AM »

Nope, I'm not kidding you.  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=148726.0

The "Let's Get it Over With Amendment" was also proposed as a 'joke' (although it passed, ironically).
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2012, 01:22:41 AM »

Nope, I'm not kidding you.  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=148726.0

The "Let's Get it Over With Amendment" was also proposed as a 'joke' (although it passed, ironically).

That was not a joke Amendment, I supported it completely. The "getting it over with" had to do with wanting to stop people from constantly abusing the political football that is registration requirements. People constantly pranced around as if they loved newbies by knocking off a few days from the requirements every now and then, and it was gross.

As for the Prime bill; I'm from the Midwest, we have a reputation to uphold, sir.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2012, 01:23:44 AM »

So why is it wrong to propose joke legislation in the Senate, but okay to do it in the Assembly?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2012, 01:27:26 AM »

Nope, I'm not kidding you.  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=148726.0

So why is it wrong to propose joke legislation in the Senate, but okay to do it in the Assembly?

I wasn't proposing that legislation as a "joke" or to annoy people, but to delay the passage of other legislation.  I've never proposed any legislation without an actual purpose and will continue my record of activity in the Senate. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2012, 01:30:40 AM »

Nope, I'm not kidding you.  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=148726.0

I wasn't proposing that legislation as a "joke" or to annoy people, but to delay the passage of other legislation.  I've never proposed any legislation without an actual purpose and will continue my record of activity in the Senate. Smiley

Perhaps one of the most skillful spins you've ever made. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2012, 01:31:17 AM »

Sounds more like trolling than representing.  I don't see why someone would propose dumb laws for the sake of preventing legislation that hadn't even been written at the time, yet.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2012, 01:34:05 AM »

Sounds more like trolling than representing.  I don't see why someone would propose dumb laws for the sake of preventing legislation that hadn't even been written at the time, yet.

No, it sounds like representing the Northeasterners who voted to elect me to Assembly and continue to.  In fact, I regularly top the poll in Assembly elections.  If the legislation had not, in fact, been written, then I would have withdrawn my bills.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2012, 08:46:17 AM »

In fact, I regularly top the poll in Assembly elections.

This is not true. Scott won five 1st preferences in December, and you had three. Scott won nine 1st preferences in October, and you had five. Cincinnatus had four 1st preferences in August, and you had one - your own. You certainly are elected quite often by the NE people, but you seldom, if ever, "top the poll".
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2012, 10:05:12 AM »

The Prime Supremacy Act and The Never Forget The Painting Horse Act are certainly two bills that weren't/aren't worthy of the Senate's time. However, there are other bills that are taking up way too much time. The Anti-Conscription Amendment went from being a simple proposal to ban conscription to now we're up to 4 amendments twisting the wording for some "in such a case" scenario. Plus, there's so much constant bickering in every thread, it's becoming ridiculous. If I wasn't such an enthusiastic person, I would've left Atlasia a while ago. But I can't and I won't. I strive to make this game better, for the future posters that want to play. I've sat here grappling with the thought of running for re-election. My approvals are so damn low, and for what? I'm an active Senator, I've proposed legislation. I've voiced my opinions, I've voted on every bill and I've taken a stand against every amendment to the Anti-Conscription Amendment that would seismically change the tone of the bill. But why are my approval ratings low? You tell me. My best guess is because I'm a Libertarian and I'm a kid. So what? It's a sad day when we'd kick an active Senator out because of his political beliefs. Back when I was in the Northeast, Napoleon and I worked tirelessly to recall an inactive Governor--one whom I shared similar beliefs with. We didn't get him recalled, of course, but we still won the election. I'm not going to talk about what happened afterward because it doesn't need to be talked about. Anyway, we need to get our sh*t together to be frank, cuz this game's going down hill. It's sad. I used to have so much hope for this game--that we'd change. But at this rate...I dunno. We won't last another year. Whatever. Sorry for clogging up your thread, Wormy. Best of luck.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »

This is not true. Scott won five 1st preferences in December, and you had three. Scott won nine 1st preferences in October, and you had five. Cincinnatus had four 1st preferences in August, and you had one - your own. You certainly are elected quite often by the NE people, but you seldom, if ever, "top the poll".

pfffff. Get out of here with your "facts" you jerk.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2012, 09:38:37 PM by worm in a donut »

Well, he conveniently leaves out the ones in which I did top the poll, and I was second in each of those (if I'm recalling correctly, I'll admit I'm not an expert in Atlasian election minutia).  I didn't say I always do.  In any case nitpicking is rather beside the point.  I have a substantive, reform-oriented platform and have run an entirely positive campaign to serve the Northeast region.  If my opponents want to engage in the politics of negativity, that's fine, but the politics of negativity ultimately benefit no one in the end.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »

Well, he conveniently leaves out the ones in which I did top the poll, and I was second in each of those (if I'm recalling correctly, I'll admit I'm not an expert in Atlasian election minutia).  I didn't say I always do.  In any case nitpicking is rather beside the point.  I have a substantive, reform-oriented platform and have run an entirely positive campaign to serve the Northeast region.  If my opponents want to engage in the politics of negativity, that's fine, but the politics of negativity ultimately benefit no one in the end.

Let's go back further.

June 2011: Homelycooking won 7 1st preferences, you won two, one of which was your own.
April 2011: You didn't win any 1st preferences.
February 2011: You tied for first place with sbane, 5 1st preferences each. This is the most recent election - exactly one year ago - in which you "topped the poll", but in this case you weren't alone at the top.
December 2010: You tied for fifth place. Two first preferences, one was your own.
October 2010: You recieved one first preference: you wrote yourself in.

You didn't say that you "always" topped the poll, but that you "regularly" do. You "topped the poll" once - a year ago this month - in eight elections. I simply want to be clear about the facts.  I don't blame you if you made that statement in honest error, because in fact it isn't all that important. I did, however, want to show that your statement was, in fact, in error.

tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2012, 10:36:02 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2012, 10:39:57 PM by worm in a donut »

Alright, I'll amend my statement.  If I wanted to, I could top the poll in every election, however, since February 2011 I haven't seen fit to pester people to vote for me because I am well-liked enough that I do not have to, and have continued to be elected with even stronger totals even after the reduction in Assembly size.  In fact, I have had to pester people not to vote for me, so that I could have allies in the Assembly.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2012, 10:43:48 PM »

Alright, I'll amend my statement.  If I wanted to, I could top the poll in every election, however, since February 2011 I haven't seen fit to pester people to vote for me because I am well-liked enough that I do not have to, and have continued to be elected with even stronger totals even after the reduction in Assembly size.  In fact, I have had to pester people not to vote for me, so that I could have allies in the Assembly.

This is all getting very DWTL-ish, now.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2012, 10:45:52 PM »

It's funny, several pages of negativity directed at me, nearly all of it from out of region, and not a single one a substantive criticism based on my campaign or my platform.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2012, 10:57:06 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2012, 11:05:17 PM by MechaRepublican »

It's funny, several pages of negativity directed at me, nearly all of it from out of region, and not a single one a substantive criticism based on my campaign or my platform.

I'm not your biggest fan, but I agree.
FOr the record I'm impressed with the amount of detail Wormyguy has put into his campaign.  Especially the bills and stuff.  A lot more than the vague policy speeches and pictures of sporting arenas displayed by a certain red Australia avatar.

Arguing that somebody shouldn't vote for candidate (x) because he's unsuccessful at running for office or whatever isn't a very strong argument.  Just saying.

I say it's been nearly a year since Wormy wronged the Atlasia with his self-admitted court fraud thing, let's ease up on the guy.  Maybe give him a sort of Gingrich like skepticism, but not flood his campaign thread left and right with "haha! You suck at contests!" or "You totally the dickhead!" that I've been seeing here.

ONE MORE NOTE: If you guys are going to go ape on Wormyguy for not being 1st preference or whatev, I would appreciate that somebody show me the same courtesy when analyzing my own electoral past Sad.  Barely losing the April 2010 At-Large Senate Special Election with the 5th most votes and being a part of the epic loser ticket known as Teddy/Mechaman probably isn't as impressive as actually winning office.

Just saying.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »

I'm not your biggest fan, but I agree.
FOr the record I'm impressed with the amount of detail Wormyguy has put into his campaign.  Especially the bills and stuff.  
Absolutely. I took another look at that foreign policy amendment, and it looks very well thought out and practical. We've had some confusion about the president's military authority in the past, and what wormy put together is something I think people could support even if they are much more interventionist than he is.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »

Presso Releaso Numero πέντε!

An end...  And a beginning.

Friends, Northeasterners, Countrymen,

Unfortunately, my opponent has amassed a lead that appears insurmountable at this point.  While I am disappointed in the apparent outcome of this election, I would like to congratulate Scott on a well-fought campaign and I am sure he will make a fine senator for the region.

I'm glad that our voters were enthusiastic and motivated to give me a lead on day 1 of this campaign, and while the choice of Northeastern voters was clear, it was equally clear what the choice of active and reform-oriented Northeasterners was, and I would like to thank each and every one of them for their support.  I'm glad I ran a campaign that attracted broad support on its own merits and didn't require PMing anyone 10 times to vote for me, and that it didn't succumb to the negativity that so often plagues our politics.

I never expected to win, but we exceeded expectations and have shown that active, issues-oriented Northeasterners reject politics as usual.  I believe that this is only even more true of Atlasia as a whole.  That is why I would like to announce that I am continuing this campaign and will be a candidate in the April at-large Senate election.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2012, 12:36:38 PM »

If I may say so, your campaign sign is probably the one I've liked the most since joining Atlasia! Grin
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2012, 12:42:14 PM »

If I may say so, your campaign sign is probably the one I've liked the most since joining Atlasia! Grin

Muchas gracias! Smiley

Yours is quite nice too, if vaguely ominous. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2012, 12:53:51 PM »

You ran a very active campaign.  Good job.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies