Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:53:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 183086 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: June 25, 2012, 06:45:07 PM »

Not that it makes a difference to anything, but it looks like you counted my ballot incorrectly; my highest (legitimate) preference was actually Oakvale Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 01:02:23 AM »

Exactly what is the current activity requirement for voters, by which I presume is the cause of my ballot being invalidated?

15 posts in the eight weeks before the start of an election... which you actually have. Huh
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 01:46:48 AM »

This overrides the previous:

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Federal_Activity_Requirements_Revision_Act

Okay, I did not have 25, but I did have 15 which appears to be the current law.  Homely, you made a mistake, please fix it.  My vote could possibly alter the result.

I don't think the link that you posted is more recent because the information in the link I posted goes back to 2009, to the Anti-Zombie Act of 2009, while the statute you mention is from 2006.
The link I provided says the following at the bottom of the wiki page:

"Section 14, Clause 1 of this Act was amendment by the Federal Activity Requirements Revision Act (December 23, 2006) to require only 15 edits. That act was repealed by the Anti-Zombie Act of 2009 (July 19, 2009), which restored the requirement for 25 edits."

Though if there is one thing we can agree on it's the fact that this has to be clarified as soon as possible and shouldn't cause so much confusion anymore in the next elections.

That is contrary to the instructions stated in the voting booth, though, so I'm assuming there's a newer law that isn't linked on the CESRA page.

text from booth: "You are an eligible voter in general if you were registered to vote on or before the proper date, and if you made 15 posts in any location within the Atlas Forum in the 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the regular election."
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 04:18:01 AM »

Why did you count solarstorm's Senate vote as invalid?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 10:04:14 AM »

I can't take the oath until the official certification, right?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 03:21:55 PM »

So Keaton was the decisive voter of the victory of BK?
Hmmmmm

Strictly speaking, every single one of my voters was decisive Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies