Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:33:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 182604 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: February 20, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT

FIRST BALLOT

EARLAW and DR CYNIC 16 (Ebowed, Jas, Snowguy, OIDB, nclib, Holmes, belgian, Lief, Lewis T, Dr Cynic, Sewer, EarlAW, Smash, CultureKing, ilikeverin, BRTD) [snip]

I never cast a vote for President and Vice President. Huh
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:14:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Aren't we clever. Sorry, Lewis, I'm going to count it anyway. Wink
Since I do not believe in the Atlasian "Justice system", that leaves me with no alternative but to call onto my zero supporters for direct, revolutionary action.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »

I would ask the Senate to clarify this language, from the CESRA:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is there any court case or law that defines "formal acceptance"? If this included writing oneself in, the language specifying "before the end of voting" would be redundant.

How so? You would still be allowed to accept write-ins that begun happening after you voted for somebody else... but you'd have to decide before the polls close.
I think taking a self-write-in (even at a low preference) as an acceptance of write-in votes is just precedent.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 06:03:27 AM »

Again?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 05:26:16 AM »

You may vote for any or all candidates running for office; you may write-in the names of any current Atlasian citizens
Alright, I will.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 02:51:55 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2013, 02:53:46 PM by I'm counting on my lucky stars, I used to count on you »

OFFICIAL RESULTS

AT-LARGE SENATE

HAGRIDOFTHEDEEP is elected At-Large Senator.
MR. X is elected At-Large Senator.
NAPOLEON is elected At-Large Senator.
KALWEJT is elected At-Large Senator.
MAXQUE is elected At-Large Senator.

There was a total turnout of 139 votes, with 5 ballot papers being rejected.

I, Homelycooking, Secretary of Federal Elections, declare the above results to be a complete and accurate summary of the votes cast.

I've adopted a more "user-friendly" method of reporting election results.

Not trying to be a dick, but while this is a nice as a supplement in elections (such as this one) with complex transfers, it can't really replace the full table with the names and all.

Just for one thing, they're necessary for any quick error-spotting on the part of the populace. (Yeah, yeah, I know 'news sources' provide them. But I tend not to trust their counts overly much. The SoFE's on the other hand...)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 03:23:25 PM »

Not trying to be a dick, but while this is a nice as a supplement in elections (such as this one) with complex transfers, it can't really replace the full table with the names and all.

Just for one thing, they're necessary for any quick error-spotting on the part of the populace. (Yeah, yeah, I know 'news sources' provide them. But I tend not to trust their counts overly much. The SoFE's on the other hand...)

No, that's a fair point. I didn't put together the usual report because it takes me so long to do so, and I didn't get the sense that it was of much use to anyone.

Well, as long as you don't make (or are accused of making) any errors, strictly speaking it is of no use. Azn
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 07:25:56 AM »

It is with great pleasure that I notice that solopop's ballot was not deemed invalid in its entirety, as a literal reading of the vote instructions and, I think, the law in question would demand. (He wrote in a campaigning statement, but cast no vote, for President, and cast an ordinary vote for Senate.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 11:04:59 AM »

It is with great pleasure that I notice that solopop's ballot was not deemed invalid in its entirety, as a literal reading of the vote instructions and, I think, the law in question would demand. (He wrote in a campaigning statement, but cast no vote, for President, and cast an ordinary vote for Senate.)

I've learned not to even threaten to enforce that "campaigning in the voting booth" rule. When I do, I get more people campaigning in the voting booth, not less!
Unlike writing stuff in for sh!ts and giggles which is a time-honored Atlasian tradition I will gladly die to defend, that vote was at least arguably (it's still not entirely clearcut, since he campaigned against all ballot-listed candidates rather than for or against one candidate) what the law is about.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 11:22:46 AM »

Good. I approve.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies