Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:28:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 182603 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: March 11, 2012, 10:49:24 AM »

If a person writes in themself, doesn't that mean they are a legitimate write-in candidate?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »

Since when are regional SEnators replaced by Special Elections?
Since the Senate Vacancy Regional Flexibility Amendment, they are in the Pacific. I'm not sure if they are anywhere else.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »

I'm doing a whole lot better than I expected I would do. I got a 4th and 5th preference for Veep; by my numbers, that's 200% better than anticipated.
you were expecting 2/3 of a preference? Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »

did Mr X drop out of the Mideast Senate race?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 01:27:15 AM »

It's just an interesting scenario. If you can't vote once the booth is closed, arguably, in an ideal world, there should be no mechanism to spoil your ballot beyond that time either. If you ask me, it should be common practice for the SoFE to save the ballot booth immediately after it closes. I don't know where that fits into Atlasian law or if the saved booth is currently recognizable to be used in the count... but the stuff with Velasco made me uneasy enough to want to save it "just in case." Is that bad or dishonest?

Some people say there is a right to edit your ballot for twenty minutes. Locking the thread before twenty minutes has passed since the last vote would violate that right.

It would not since the voting period had ended in any case.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 09:27:40 PM »

Makes sense to me. As soon as Yankee notifies me that there is indeed a vacancy, I'll schedule a special election.

The issue is that Yankee isn't currently PPT, so that becomes Matt's job.

... and now it belongs to Yankee again.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 10:57:03 PM »

I should have made a formal announcement. This is another instance in which I am made aware that something which I see as self-evident and obvious apparently isn't to everyone else. Apologies.

The fact that no one really noticed or took much interest in the Senate vacancy until the last minute, however, speaks volumes about the current level of engagement with Atlasian politics.

This was being widely discussed as far back as last Tuesday.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 07:16:34 PM »

Poirot and JCL declared less than 24 hours before the start of the election, so they have official write-in status, but can't be listed on the ballot.

That is unfortunate. There was a 20 hour period after the confirmation of the election to meet the ballot deadline.

I confirmed that there would be an election on March 26 at 9 AM. The election began today, March 28, at 9AM. The deadline for announcing one's candidacy was therefore set, by law, at 9 AM on March 27, 24 hours before the commencement of the election. You and JCL announced your candidacies on March 27 at about 5 PM, 16 hours before the election. If I had opened the voting booth on time, you would have declared only 7 hours before the election.

I've made lots of mistakes in this election, but I don't think that this is one of them. My apologies to you and JCL, Poirot, but for the time being I can only recommend that you declare your candidacy as early as possible if you want to be included on the ballot. 

I think it might be reasonable to change the law to allow for last-minute declarations of candidacies before special elections, however. I don't see any practical reason why Poirot and JCL should be kept off the ballot. 

Would this work?:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 12:03:51 PM »

Jbrase voted for Deus, not Alfred.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »

Cinci also preferenced Alfred above Deus.  I have both Alfred and Deus with 55 in the third round.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 11:13:09 PM »

Does this
President/VP:
1. Shua/Poirot
2. Lumine/SJoyceFla
3. Marokai Blue/Antonio V
4. Al Sibboleth/Hashemite
count as a vote for the declared ticket of Poirot and myself?

I'm thinking it should given we constitute a ticket together, but I don't know if there may be a different precedent here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies