Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:51:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 183112 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: February 20, 2012, 12:14:37 AM »

Homely deserves all of our thanks.  I have never seen a better way to run these elections! Cheesy
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »

When will the special election be held to fill the vacant at-large Senate seat? Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 08:15:50 PM »

If I may make a query, how long does one have to be a citizen before one may vote in an election?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 08:26:54 PM »

If I may make a query, how long does one have to be a citizen before one may vote in an election?

One week, I believe.

Now that you say that, I believe you are right. You never quite know what might change in Atlasia. Cheesy
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:52:02 PM »

Thank you. Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 02:57:57 PM »

I don't think resignation would actually solve the problem. If I may make a suggestion, homely, perhaps you should author legislation to be introduced in the Senate that allows the SoFE the leeway to close the voting booth and reopen a new, corrected one so that all voters have a chance to recast their ballots? Perhaps allow you a maximum of twelve hours after the start of the election to make any change?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »

I don't think resignation would actually solve the problem. If I may make a suggestion, homely, perhaps you should author legislation to be introduced in the Senate that allows the SoFE the leeway to close the voting booth and reopen a new, corrected one so that all voters have a chance to recast their ballots? Perhaps allow you a maximum of twelve hours after the start of the election to make any change?

There is already legislation pending in the Senate queue that would do just that, actually.

Well, you know what they say about great minds... Wink
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 10:26:20 PM »

And with that, I believe we've fixed all this.  You're not going anywhere, homely.  Grin
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »

As a member of the Atlasian Supreme Court Bar and a former Attorney General, I would like to state my equivocal legal opinion that the President has the power to order the head of a executive department to comply with the law.  President Napoleon in no way violated any law passed by the Senate nor did he overreach his executive hand.  His order simply instructs the SoFE to prepare a proof of the forthcoming ballot for public scrutiny and review before an election takes place.  The aforementioned section of the constitution is applicable to administering the actual election - not a draft ballot that I would assume would be posted in this office and would be totally invalid to cast a vote on.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »

Barnes, what happens if an individual declines to follow an executive order (purposefully or not)?

The executive order issued here was specifically for the SoFE, and seeing as that is a federal executive department, the President would determine the consequences (if any).
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 11:40:52 PM »

Mr. Secretary, I exhort you to withhold certification until we can resolve these matters of contention. I hope you can do so, otherwise I shall file suit with the intention of having a legal mandate compelling you to do so.

In the interest of openness, I will refrain from certifying the results for another 24 hours. If you have a compelling reason why I should not certify Spamage as the winner of a seat in the Senate, state it now.

I shall have my legal team put forth a brief tomorrow.

I don't plan on getting involved in this, but the best (and only way, really) way to resolve this is in court. Wink
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 01:08:35 AM »

A quick question, Mr. Secretary: To your knowledge, does the waiting period between registration and voting apply to both regional elections as well as federal ones?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 04:32:25 PM »

A quick question, Mr. Secretary: To your knowledge, does the waiting period between registration and voting apply to both regional elections as well as federal ones?

I think I recall that the Northeast's law on election waiting periods is the same as is the Federal law, but since I have not participated in Northeast regional politics for over two years myself, I cannot give you a more authoritative opinion.

Oh that's fine. Thanks for the help. Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 10:59:43 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2015, 04:57:20 PM by Barnes »

You are a wonderful public servant - your hard work does not go unnoticed! Hopefully you will still be here in 1,059 days! Smiley

Indeed, homely.  You have shown a clear and sustained dedication to helping this game function properly for three years now and I know we all appreciate the sacrifice of your time and work. Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 08:47:09 PM »

Why was my write in for kaljew not counted?

The last time I had checked the Candidacy Declaration thread, I'm sure that Kalwejt had posted something like "On second thought, never mind" about accepting write-in votes. He must have deleted it. Surely I'm not losing my mind.

You're not, because I saw that post at one point as well.

As did I.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 01:32:27 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2015, 03:48:40 PM by Barnes »

There seems to be a bit of confusion over the dates of the forthcoming elections. They are scheduled for the weekend of the 23rd, correct?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 03:48:07 PM »

Excellent, thanks for the answer! I knew I wasn't that much of a troglodyte! Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies