Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:45:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 182584 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 23, 2012, 05:58:23 PM »

What about the Napoleans? Those technically wouldn't count. I'd sue, but I like Nappy too much.

I would think intent would be obvious there..
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »

I think there were 98 or 99 in that special Senate election where I tied Cincinnatus.

Turnout was pretty good, especially for a special election.  That campaign was definitely the most enjoyable I've experienced.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:46:40 PM »

It's just an interesting scenario. If you can't vote once the booth is closed, arguably, in an ideal world, there should be no mechanism to spoil your ballot beyond that time either. If you ask me, it should be common practice for the SoFE to save the ballot booth immediately after it closes. I don't know where that fits into Atlasian law or if the saved booth is currently recognizable to be used in the count... but the stuff with Velasco made me uneasy enough to want to save it "just in case." Is that bad or dishonest?

Some people say there is a right to edit your ballot for twenty minutes. Locking the thread before twenty minutes has passed since the last vote would violate that right.

It would not since the voting period had ended in any case.

That's not necessarily my interpretation but someone could argue that.

Someone could argue that three days is sufficient, and by voting last minute, you forfeit your right to a twenty minute window.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 08:42:17 AM »

I suppose the Senate could impeach him if the status of his office is in serious question. However, that shouldn't be necessary. As far as Atlasia is concerned, if you're not on the voting rolls, you don't exist.

And can't be a Senator that must be impeached.  My opinion is that, homely can just create precedent wherin we just consider deregistrations as resignations when pertaining to an officeholder.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 04:01:44 PM »

Dear god, don't leave.  You're the most consistent aspect of this place.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2014, 08:45:59 PM by Cincinnatus »

I don't think it's accurate to say that fairer elections would not be interesting; we've never had one. Imagine you've got the leaders of a party thinking they've got control of their members only to see the final results of an election and be blown away. There's less incentive to follow the party line which means parties actually need to work to make people feel included and well-represented. Plus, ensuing witch hunts could be hilarious.

Did you miss Zell Miller?  This secret ballot is a horrible idea.  Elections here are supposed to be about GOTV PM's last minute, and counting the votes.  Do you realize how boring this game would be without the pettiness?  You need controversial figures to rally around, and to oppose.  Otherwise this game becomes like the rest of the forum; misguided policy from people with absolutely no clue how the real world works.

This is an elections game, so why would a secret ballot make this game interesting at all?  This is not real life, we can't call states for a candidate with any real insight.  This would basically eliminate any interest regarding elections, IMO.  The system is not broken, strategic voting is an important aspect in Atlasia, irregardless of personal opinion.  "We've never had one" is not a sufficient argument to warrant a complete overhaul of our elections.  Parties are still surprised when certain voters vote unexpectedly, which has happened several times recently.  This is a pretty weak argument I think, and I'm genuinely surprised that certain people support this idea.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies