What do you guys think about the whole Healthcare debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:37:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What do you guys think about the whole Healthcare debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think Pelosi and Obama were good at herding the blue dogs?
Yes(left winger)

No(left winger)

Yes(right winger)

No(right winger)

Yes(other)

No(other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: What do you guys think about the whole Healthcare debate?  (Read 1810 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: February 20, 2012, 11:45:48 AM »

As unfortunate as the healthcare bill was, it was still the biggest step forward on that issue we've had in awhile. But as others have already mentioned, the biggest problem with healthcare in this country is the existence of the insurance companies. Very few in politics have the courage to admit this and our political system is too [inks]ed to actually do anything about it anytime soon.

As for what I view of the debate around the issue? It was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen. Dominated by astroturf protests and lies perpetuated by people on the Right that only cared about defeating a President, and a media organization that masquerades as "news" that only cares about ratings. Facts went out the window pretty fast.

Exactly my thoughts on the matter.

Me too. It was a big step forward for America but exposed some of the worst traits of our political system. starting from scratch would have produced better results but that was impossible.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies