TEH UNIONS <3 SANTORUM!!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:35:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  TEH UNIONS <3 SANTORUM!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TEH UNIONS <3 SANTORUM!!!!  (Read 3959 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2012, 05:11:24 AM »

Eh, not really - http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-santorum-is-big-labor-pa-union-leaders-say-ridiculous-20120217,0,2670127.story?

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:13:25 AM »

“Calling [Santorum] a labor supporter would be similar to calling Mitt Romney a conservative. They’re both ridiculous." -Rick Bloomingdale, president of the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO

Santorum couldn't really have asked for a better quote out of that dude, could he?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 05:34:26 AM »

This is obviously part of the "Operation Backdoor" plot!!!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:05:11 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2012, 06:19:20 AM by Politico »

“Calling [Santorum] a labor supporter would be similar to calling Mitt Romney a conservative. They’re both ridiculous." -Rick Bloomingdale, president of the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO

Santorum couldn't really have asked for a better quote out of that dude, could he?

Yes. Santorum is a pawn of Big Labor. Do you think the AFL-CIO and their ilk want to blow $1 billion trying to beat Romney when they can spend a few mill helping Santorum win the nomination, and then spend next-to-nothing beating social issues/tone-deaf Santorum?

The Super PACs are largely anonymous. I bet Big Labor is donating to Santorum's Super PACs, through middlemen of course, and will continue to do so moving forward. They've probably been doing it since before Iowa. Remember when Santorum had a Super PAC in Iowa that was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars inexplicably? I even asked who was behind that back then. And then there's "Operation Backdoor," which you heard about here first. It's only a matter of time before journalists get to the bottom of this entire filthy, sticky mess.

Folks, I am a registered Democrat with ties to unions. I am a disillusioned Democrat, and I can tell you that dirty tricks are at play here. The fact that so many conservatives are being duped by a Big Labor orchestration is mind-blowing! Whichever paper blows the cover on this is going to win a Pulitzer!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 06:16:23 AM »

Yes. Santorum is a pawn of Big Labor. Do you think the AFL-CIO and their ilk want to blow $1 billion trying to beat Romney when they can spend a few mill helping Santorum win the nomination, and then spend next-to-nothing beating social issues/tone-deaf Santorum?

The Super PACs are largely anonymous. I bet Big Labor is donating to Santorum's Super PACs and will continue to do so moving forward. They've probably been doing it since before Iowa. Remember when Santorum had a Super PAC in Iowa that was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars inexplicably? I even asked who was behind that back then. And then there's "Operation Backdoor," which you heard about here first. It's only a matter of time before journalists get to the bottom of this entire filthy, sticky mess.

Folks, I am a registered Democrat with ties to unions. I am a disillusioned Democrat, and I can tell you that dirty tricks are at play here. The fact that so many conservatives are being duped by a Big Labor orchestration is mind-blowing! Whichever paper blows the cover on this is going to win a Pulitzer!

Sir, I'm just trying to post on this forum in peace.  If you have a pamphlet, I guess I'll take it, but please, take a step back.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 06:39:45 AM »

He's also a Communist. The apple doesn't fall from the tree, now do it?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 07:22:08 AM »

Politico, no matter how hard you try, Santorum will come from behind and surprise you.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 10:12:45 AM »

Folks, I am a registered Democrat with ties to unions.

I have my doubts.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 10:35:28 AM »

Politico, no matter how hard you try, Santorum will come from behind and surprise you.

Hint. Its in the name.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 12:13:16 PM »

I thought Santorum coming from behind is all but suprising.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 12:15:05 PM »

This wins the thread
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »

This is obviously part of the "Operation Backdoor" plot!!!

OBVIOUSLY
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 01:22:23 PM »

The Super PACs are largely anonymous. I bet Big Labor is donating to Santorum's Super PACs, through middlemen of course, and will continue to do so moving forward. They've probably been doing it since before Iowa. Remember when Santorum had a Super PAC in Iowa that was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars inexplicably? I even asked who was behind that back then. And then there's "Operation Backdoor," which you heard about here first. It's only a matter of time before journalists get to the bottom of this entire filthy, sticky mess.

And I thought all the tin-foil hats were in the Paul camp...
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 01:30:58 PM »

And I thought all the tin-foil hats were in the Paul camp...
I think the Paul camp has realised he's out of it so are sort of losing enthusiasm, so they don't bother questioning results anymore. Not that the majority ever did.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 02:21:02 PM »

A Republican isn't loved by the unions.... ok... I think we all could've predicted that.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 02:24:04 PM »

If the unions really love Santorum, he ought to sweep the Midwest easily Wink
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »

If the unions really love Santorum, he ought to sweep the Midwest easily Wink

May well do so when it comes to the GOP primaries Wink
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 03:37:49 PM »

For each anti-Romney, Mitt tries to find one issue where he can go to their right. That is kind of hard with Rick, so this is the thing he is going with. Romney has been effective at using this tactic at the debates: taking on Perry over in-state tuition for illegal immigrants, going after Cain over sales tax in 999 and Gingrich over 'amnesty' for illegals. We will see if this anti-union stuff will work at the debate this week. It may not play that well in MI and OH, where Romney is in the most trouble.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 10:24:03 PM »

Folks, I am a registered Democrat with ties to unions.

I have my doubts.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 11:21:34 PM »

You can review my posts from years ago. Clearly I am a disillusioned Democrat.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:24 AM »

Not certain about that as I see you as having been more of Demoratic-leaning independent based on your posts of the time, but your prognostication abilities were certainly lacking in 2005:

The only way McCain could prevent the Religious Right from revolting is if he chose Gingrich for the bottom of the ticket...

I can't see that happening.

Neither can I. Then again, I don't think McCain will win the nomination. Too many hardcore Republicans loathe him.

Or this beaut from 2006:
It looks to me like Gore could compete against anybody even though he isn't polling well against John McCain, who is definitely not guaranteed the GOP nomination...I mean, Gore is only down about 10 points against Giuliani, and he's up 17 points on Jeb Bush and 12 points on Dick Cheney, so I'm confident he's polling within the margin of error with every Republican other than Giuliani, McCain, Cheney and Bush...Furthermore, let's not forget that Gore was trailing George W. Bush by 18 points in October of 1998, two years before the general election(1)...And we all know who went on to win the popular vote in the 2000 Election.

Look at the trend for Gore against McCain...He's managed to gain seven points on McCain in a span of nine months, and McCain has dropped nine points in the matchup with Gore, despite the fact that Gore hasn't appeared in a single interview on a TV news show, or aired a single political ad, and has even repeatedly denied that he is running for president...AND THIS IS AGAINST MCCAIN, a man who is on some sort of TV news show at least once a week, if not more, it seems...

History tends to repeat itself, and I believe we're witnessing the beginning of Gore's Nixon-esque comeback...

(1) - http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/10/27/poll/

To be fair, circumstances no one could be expected to anticipate doomed any chance of this 2007 prediction of yours from coming true:

A candid interview between Edwards and Candy Crowley of CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2007/12/30/crowley.edwards.intv.cnn

Edwards is saying and doing the right things and projecting the right image at exactly the right time in exactly the right places. I anticipate him winning Iowa by a larger than expected margin, which will result in a huge bounce in momentum in the polls and fundraising.

I now anticipate that John Edwards will become the Democratic Party's candidate for president, most likely at some point in February or March. I see him winning the general election and becoming the 44th President of the United States of America.

Your opinion about the importance of being a good debater has certainly changed since 2008.

What makes you think that Obama will win the debates so handily?

It's going to be JFK Vs. Nixon all over again. It doesn't matter who wins on substance because Obama will kill McCain on style. McCain will look and sound like the old, outdated candidate he is. On top of that, Obama will probably have some great new material that may end up dumbfounding McCain like Bush was dumbfounded in his first debate with Kerry. If that happens, watch out - the election will swing dramatically in Obama's favor.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 12:16:09 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2012, 12:25:37 AM by Politico »

Not certain about that as I see you as having been more of Demoratic-leaning independent based on your posts of the time, but your prognostication abilities were certainly lacking in 2005:

If you know anybody who predicted in 2005 that 2008 would be Obama Vs. McCain, I tip my hat to them! Even as late as December 2007, most people did not see McCain somehow managing to win the nomination. It's not a big secret that the jmfcsts were not so hot on McCain from the get-go.

I was wrong about Edwards winning Iowa, but he did manage to unexpectedly beat Clinton there. The race may have turned out completely differently had Edwards won Iowa instead of Obama, and then Clinton or Edwards won New Hampshire, and obviously Edwards using his momentum to win South Carolina and rally labor support in Nevada. Hard to see Obama becoming the nominee under that scenario.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 01:00:46 AM »

It is one thing to have found Republican religion, but, it is a completely different thing to tell the preacher what the sermon ought to be.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »

My favorite thing about this thread is that it conclusively proves that Bob views conservative politics in a religious and eschatological rather than secular and immanent way.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies