Video of Charlie Rose interview of Rick Santorum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:58:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Video of Charlie Rose interview of Rick Santorum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Video of Charlie Rose interview of Rick Santorum  (Read 556 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2012, 04:38:32 PM »
« edited: February 19, 2012, 04:42:29 PM by Torie »

I almost always enjoy Charlie Rose. He in my book is a class act, while at the same time being focused and smart and gracious and fair. No Chris Mathews is he. Anyway, here is a video of an interview Rose had with Santorum that is generating some buzz over Rick's reaction to Rose quizzing him about Rick's reaction to his financial angel's failed aspirin joke, and whether or not Rick said anything to Friess about it. They then move on to yes, that pesky contraception issue again, and Rick is quoted as to some comments he made on the subject, which quote Rick ducks commenting upon  to chat instead about his public policy on contraception (about the best he could do given the contents of the quote), and than at the end, Rick says he will take Iran's nukes out, if Israel doesn't, if that is what is needed to keep Iran from getting them.

Enjoy.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:14:20 PM »

Charlie Rose is one of the most underrated reporters of recent time.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 05:15:37 PM »

This tactic works with GOP base voters. Sorry Torie, your party sucks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 05:19:37 PM »

Yes, there is some cognitive dissonance there. When the Dems cease being owned by the public employee unions, get back to me.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2012, 05:23:09 PM by Ron Swanson »

Yes, there is some cognitive dissonance there. When the Dems cease being owned by the public employee unions, get back to me.

The day that Dems are owned by public employee unions is that the day that I will be a proud Democrat (well not exactly but my point is that they're superior to business/finance interests that still have a large stake in the party).

Are you still in the stages of post-mortem grief for the Romney campaign?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »

The day that Dems are owned by public employee unions is that the day that I will be a proud Democrat (well not exactly but my point is that they're superior to business/finance interests that still have a large stake in the party).

Nah, I am still quite confident that Mittens will get the nomination, and if he does, has a reasonable chance of winning the General. And if he doesn't, as long as one of the houses of Congress is in Pub hands, Obama will be sufficiently leashed on most matters that I will not mourn too much. The problem is that Obama simply is not serious about dealing with our budget deficit. He has been AWOL, and is part of the problem rather than the solution.  Only a forceful POTUS using the bully pulpit, can get us to a solution, and being honest about the tough choices out there. That is most unfortunate, and you youngs will be the ones to endure the consequences, not I. Sad.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »

More like public employee unions are owned by the Dems. And better that than being owned by plutocrats "job creators." Tongue
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 11:08:03 PM »

The public unions DO own most of the Democratic Party. Some of the unions that actually produce things in the private sector are less involved, but most of them have a lot of sway, too. Unions and lawyers are the Democratic Party.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 11:11:29 PM »

Nah, I am still quite confident that Mittens will get the nomination, and if he does, has a reasonable chance of winning the General. And if he doesn't, as long as one of the houses of Congress is in Pub hands, Obama will be sufficiently leashed on most matters that I will not mourn too much. The problem is that Obama simply is not serious about dealing with our budget deficit. He has been AWOL, and is part of the problem rather than the solution.  Only a forceful POTUS using the bully pulpit, can get us to a solution, and being honest about the tough choices out there. That is most unfortunate, and you youngs will be the ones to endure the consequences, not I. Sad.

This.

Obama wants to kick the can down the road. Not going to work this time. That has been going on for too long. Can't run trillion dollar deficits for eight straight years unless you wanna destroy America.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies