Santorum has some... interesting ideas about what's going on in the Netherlands (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:15:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum has some... interesting ideas about what's going on in the Netherlands (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum has some... interesting ideas about what's going on in the Netherlands  (Read 3647 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: February 19, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »

The only study I found on this was a REALLY old one: http://www.euthanasia.com/holland99.html
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:12:09 PM »

Per the study, the non consensual euthanasia cases (900 total) were apparently because the patients were demented and non compis mentis.

I didn't even read the study.  I posted it more to just show that anything I could find that was in some way objective was really old.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »

Fact check, from a Dutch person, courtesy of reddit:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Basically everything Santorum said, with the exception of some Dutch people going abroad to get medical care (but not because they're afraid of euthanasia), is a total lie.

Is there some sort of credibility to back up his claims, or is it just a random dude on reddit (not that I don't believe what he said... just curious).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

Well, it was posted by a Dutch person in a section of the site specifically focusing on the Netherlands and upvoted by a bunch of other Dutch people. Plus he sources his claims in the links provided.

Ahh, ok.  I didn't see the hyperlinks in your text (which makes me less than happy, since I usually have really good vision).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 05:56:30 PM »

Well, it was posted by a Dutch person

This should tell you everything about the credibility, Inks.

Is this going to be the campaign's response when people start pointing out that apparently there aren't "Do not euthanize" bracelets in the Netherlands?  How's he going to handle this?  I can't find a single credible source of a don't euthanize bracelet or card, let alone even a picture of one.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »

This could turn into a major gaffe by Santorum if the other candidates attack him on it.  Not only does it show some ignorance on a social issue, but it makes him look terrible from a foreign policy standpoint, if he's going to blatantly lie about what's happening in the Netherlands.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 07:51:15 PM »

This could turn into a major gaffe by Santorum if the other candidates attack him on it.  Not only does it show some ignorance on a social issue, but it makes him look terrible from a foreign policy standpoint, if he's going to blatantly lie about what's happening in the Netherlands.

meh. I think "Mainline Protestant churches have been corrupted by Satan, are no longer Christian" has more legs.

Both do.  Although this one's a lot more recent than the Satan speech.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies