Ability to Outsource: Good or Bad? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:06:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Ability to Outsource: Good or Bad? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it good or bad for businesses to be able to outsource?
Good

Bad

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Ability to Outsource: Good or Bad?  (Read 4053 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« on: February 20, 2012, 04:00:55 AM »

3 quarters bad.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:58:01 PM »

It is good for businesses, bad for a society.

Bad for whose society? I'm quite sure the people who get the outsourced jobs in the other country are quite glad to have the opportunity.

But those people are poor and brown, John. No proper left-winger would care about them.

Gustaf's philosophy : "if you disagree with me you must be a racist, a sexist or somehow a bad person".

Anyways, the "benefits" of outsourcing for developing countries is only an illusion. In the end, it always ends up as a way for companies to pressure countries to cut taxes and worker protections. Developing countries benefit from it because their population is miserable and therefore has no choice but working in inhumane conditions and without any social protection. While human progress would imply that these countries gradually develop a comprehensive welfare system protecting the poorer and guaranteeing reasonable levels of equality, outsourcing totally subverts the process, leading the advanced countries to gradually dismantle this system. This is a case study of how competition can, at the end of the day, harm everybody.

Lol. Coming from someone who's never shown any respect for any dissenting opinion on anything (and who even called me a racist himself!) that isn't very convincing. Unlike you I don't name-call or condescendingly disregard everyone who disagrees with me politically.

In this case, I find Westerners' preference for their own comfort over possibilities for poor people in the 3rd world intellectually lazy and rather immoral.

In order to understand my posts I'm afraid you have to understand the concept of sarcasm though. It can easily be found on google.

You think giving people jobs in the 3rd world ends up hurting them? What planet do you live on? Are you aware of the enormous increases in economic well-being that has taken place in areas like Southeast Asia or Eastern Europe?

That you want to deny these people the chance of a better life just because you can't be bothered to understand how economics work is not necessarily racist, sure, but it's hardly commendable.

These people are exploited Gustaf. Your cheering for a system that pays them pathetic wages and effectively reduces them to the status of a slave class is really quite disgusting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies