The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:06:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 89993 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2012, 01:09:57 PM »

Oh, fine then, as I stupidly tried to modify my post where I gave an endorsement to JCL and accidentally deleted it, let me clarify my statement:

I am endorsing JCL for Mideast Assembly because he is a consistently pro-life voice and has actual positions he stands by, which are easily observable instead of going around the forum pretending to be both a conservative and liberal simultaneously and issuing a constant stream of blatant panders to various constituents to manipulate their view of him. He is the same before and after elections. I don't mean to attack pragmatism. Pragmatism is the only way anything gets done in a world where the two party system is constructed such that people have to actually live with the resutls (unlike on here where positions are determined externally and brought here). But pragmatism is applied in order to achieve some vision, some underlying core set of principles.

I don't always agree with JCL; in fact there are a number of issues where we have very different opinions, like how a tax system should be structured, or the role of a centralized banking system, etc. We have quite substantial disagreements about how a government should be run. Heck, in real life he probably wouldn't even vote for me. But I think he has been steadfast enough in his advocacy in areas we do agree that he merits my support.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2012, 06:29:16 PM »

Fellowship Missionary Church Fort Wayne, IN

Well it looks like the ERA will pass (crowd boos). It goes to show that folks want federal intervention regarding rights betwixt the sexes and ones sexual orientation.  We the silent majority know that this is not how it was ment to be. While we agree that no one should be discriminated against based on race, creed color, national origin, gender or political idealology, we deplore further government intrusion upon the rights of the regions. Furthermore to restore the proper balance of power between the national government and the regions I propose and seek aid of a senator the amending of Article 1 Section 5 Clause 5 to take out matters regarding marriage, divorce and adoption. Regional governments are better attuned and suited for these sensative matters. Regions are better to handle this because having the national government handling authority regarding marriage law could lead to draconian and obviously centralized control over an issue most critical to an extremely local matter.

Now I've finally seen a clear distinction in the governors race. One far beyond partisan bickering and personal attack. To some who may say a certain individual got to me over certian contraverseries is flat out false. Did I let the negative aspects of that race effect me? Honestly I did. The two men running for governor have fine records of activity and have served the Mideast and Atlasia well. I wish they would put their personal issues aside and work to build a better Mideast region. Needless to say I've finally made up my mind of a formal endorsement. Earlier this week I though I had made a decision but upon further deliberation I withdrew it. I've made further deliberation in this race and I can now say with no reservation that I endorse the current Governor ZuWo. It's not that I dislike former President and Governor Tmth, it that I agree with ZuWo more on certian matters of relations between the regions and the government in Nyman. I wouldn't be making this decision if they had been united in a recent decision. Come what may Tmfth knows if he wins and I'm re-elected I would work with him on things we both agree upon. The budget and elements of game reform. This coming weekend we have an important election. Get out and vote

Thank you and may God save Atlasia

*JCL sees a female friend and beelines to her to talk*
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2012, 03:48:41 PM »

I only saw your endorsement now so I'll gladly repost what I stated earlier:

Thank you very much, JCL! Your support, just like anyone else's support, is greatly appreciated. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2012, 09:18:24 PM »

From the office of JCL

In light of Clarence's resignation, should there be a primary amongst conservatives I will submit to such a primary. I respect Clarence and thank him for his service. We hope he chooses to return when he is ready and be an important conservative voice Atlasia needs.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »

As I'm leaving the assembly at the end of the term I'd like to leave the people with this thought. What is it that the people fear so much that they run to those who believe that government is the solution to whatever the problems of our Atlasian society? Do they fear being responsible for themselves and thus being more governing of themselves, or is it that they fear that individuals do much more for charity on their own than what government can do through its repressive tax policies?

I believe Tmth will make a great governor. It's only fair that I didn't get his vote because I didn't endorse him. I still believe ZuWo was the better choice. Should 20RP12 win the Whig primary and defeat Franzi for the At-Large seat vacated by Clarence, I will rematch Senator Ben.

To those who think I'm an extremist, I could throw that word right back at you. However I'm not going to. Progressives around here tend to have a rather thin skin because they have a numerical advantage. Just because they have pulled a wave election back in our faces doesnt mean we conservatives and libertarians won't hold your feet to the fire. In RL my wing of the GOP will have to hold Mitts feet to the fire and see if he holds a line that says no more to extreme spending and tax hikes.

My service to the region and Atlasia is not over. We have a presidency to take back to a place of reason and conservative stewardship. They say Napoleon has been one of the best. Tell that to the unborn in the later stages of development that he wants to allow abortions for via a ruthless practice of partial birth abortion. Late term abortions should never be allowed any sort of legal support. Thus I will be proposing a citizens referendum to ban abortion after the 16th week totally and before only allow it in cases of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother. I hope to have your support on my future endeavors.

Thank you and may God be merciful to Atlasia
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »

JCL: would you be interested in working to develop a comprehensive infrastructure plan focusing on these five points (below) so that we can further interregional cooperation on infrastructure?

1. Energy
2. Rail/High-speed rail/high-speed bus
3. Protected areas and expansion of our national park system
4. Broader transportation development (air and road development, as well as our current infrastructure maintenance and revenue measures such as infrastructure banks)
5. Water supply
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2012, 09:22:52 AM »

Will you be suing due to your original absence from the ballot?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2012, 03:52:54 PM »

Will you be suing due to your original absence from the ballot?

I hope he does.

I've introduced legislation in the senate that would make sure errors like this one are properly corrected. I'm not sure when it will be debated, but I really hope it passes. Homely is only human, so mistakes happen. Still, there's got to be a legal way to fix them. Chaging the ballot after people have already voted is not the way to do it.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2012, 12:31:40 PM »

JCL: would you be interested in working to develop a comprehensive infrastructure plan focusing on these five points (below) so that we can further interregional cooperation on infrastructure?

1. Energy
4. Broader transportation development (air and road development, as well as our current infrastructure maintenance and revenue measures such as infrastructure banks)
5. Water supply

I could support some of the ideas as long as they respect the property rights of land owners.
What is your idea on a high speed bus? Like a faster version of Greyhound?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2012, 01:11:25 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 01:20:26 PM by Is JCL in mushy sappy love »

From the office of JCL

It has come to our attention that JCL was originally left off the ballot for the Special Election for the At-Large seat vacated by Clarence. We reject this egregious omission and thereby petition President Napoleon to remove the current SOFE. Franzi was elected by acclaim and I will recgonize that. Even if he would've been on the ballot from the start (as JCL was duely entitled to as a candidate) Franzi would've still won regardless. If the SOFE isn't removed within 48 hours, JCL will sue the administration and seek the removal of Napoleon and Nathan from office due to official corruption and neglegence. The results are recognized but this omission of a candidate the administration dislikes with a passion will not be tolerated.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2012, 01:14:13 PM »

1. Energy
5. Water supply

I could support some of the ideas as long as they respect the property rights of land owners.

It might be feasible to change the brown-colored lines to high-speed bus; it is still very much on the table.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2012, 01:16:19 PM »

1. Energy
5. Water supply

It might be feasible to change the brown-colored lines to high-speed bus; it is still very much on the table.

How extensive would those changes be?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2012, 02:02:26 PM »

From the office of JCL

It has come to our attention that JCL was originally left off the ballot for the Special Election for the At-Large seat vacated by Clarence. We reject this egregious omission and thereby petition President Napoleon to remove the current SOFE. Franzi was elected by acclaim and I will recgonize that. Even if he would've been on the ballot from the start (as JCL was duely entitled to as a candidate) Franzi would've still won regardless. If the SOFE isn't removed within 48 hours, JCL will sue the administration and seek the removal of Napoleon and Nathan from office due to official corruption and neglegence. The results are recognized but this omission of a candidate the administration dislikes with a passion will not be tolerated.

First of all, I thank you for your maturity and honesty regarding the overall results of the election.

I think your demand that Homely resign is excessive, though. I've been in charge of many federal elections and this kind of thing can happen easily. Considering he fixes his unintentional error as soon as possible, I don't think any further action is warranted.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2012, 02:05:51 PM »

I agree that your calls for his removal are a tad excessive.  I think, if anything, a repeat election is a more reasonable solution to the problem if you plan on pursuing a case.  I agree that an innocent mistake was made, but in defense of Homely, there was some confusion as to who would represent the Whig Party in the special election.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »

Calling for homly's resignation I felt was the fairer route than throwing this election into chaos. I don't see that as excessive. As I said in the statement, even if I would've been on the ballot from the start, Franzi was elected by acclimation. A change in the SoFE is only fair over this matter. As I also said the Napoleon/Nathan administration has 48 hours from when I made the statement to remove him or I will sue for their removal for official misconduct and conspiracy to commit official misconduct.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »

Calling for a new election is chaotic?  Um, okay.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2012, 02:31:38 PM »

Calling for a new election is chaotic?  Um, okay.

We're nearly half way to the next at large election. Franzi was elected. That isn't disputed. It's the negligence that must be accounted for.

It's a matter of somebody must take responsibility. If homely doesn't resign or the administration doesn't fire him I will sue to remove Napoleon and Nathan from office.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2012, 02:33:16 PM »

How do you think you can sue for removal of a federal office holder?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »

I think the fact that you would rather see Homely removed from his position than have another opportunity to win the Senate seat is sort of interesting.  In spite of my personal opinion though, I don't think the Court is going to give you exactly what you want... but I guess we'll see how it all plays out.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »

Prediction: The Supreme Court will rule in JCL's favor and appoint Young Tweed to the presidency.

And that will be the day I finally give up on all of this.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2012, 02:41:31 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 02:45:06 PM by Napoleon »

The SoFE will not be fired. Please sue though, I could use more political donations from my lawyer pals.

I am sorry that mistakes were made. My administration plans to resolve this independently.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »

The SoFE will not be fired. Please sue though, I could use more political donations from my lawyer pals.

I am sorry that mistakes were made. My administration plans to resolve this independently.

Firing the SOFE is the only fair and right thing to do.

Prediction: The Supreme Court will rule in JCL's favor and appoint Young Tweed to the presidency.

Tweed gets nothing. The highest ranked senator would assume presidency till the next president is installed.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2012, 04:00:10 PM »

1. Energy
5. Water supply

How extensive would those changes be?

I've got a map in my office: for a Florida example it'd be having high-speed bus to Bradenton/Sarasota from Tampa instead of a conventional rail line.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »

I have no seditious intent.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »

From the office of JCL

It's almost 9pm EDT and there has been nothing done regarding the termination of homely. I hereby petition the Atlasian senate to impeach Napoleon and Nathan for official misconduct in violation of Article 1 section 4 Clause 6 of the Atlasian Constuition.

I didn't want the situation to come to this. However the administration has failed to properly address the
disenfranchisement leveled upon JCL by the administration even if by omission.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies