Should Andrew Jackson be celebrated on U.S. currency? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:44:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should Andrew Jackson be celebrated on U.S. currency? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Considering the trail of tears and his alleged war crimes should he be on the $20 bill?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Should Andrew Jackson be celebrated on U.S. currency?  (Read 8637 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:34 PM »

Considering his fanatical opposition to the National Bank, he would consider his placement on paper currency as an insult.

Good insult.

Actually, if Andrew Jackson is to be on paper money, $20 is the most appropriate note for him to be on, as he expressed the view that it should be the smallest denomination of paper money.  Jackson was not opposed to paper money per se, just paper money displacing specie, and the largest denomination being minted at that time was the gold eagle worth $10.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 11:52:12 PM »

Well, we could always incorporate corn kernels and oil barrels on our currency:

These and other lulzy ideas for currency redesign located here.

Dude, those look like food coupons.  You know, the kind that skanky single welfare mothers, with rugrats in tow, generally bring into the store and use to buy, like, a piece of bubble gum.  They buy pieces of gum, one at a time, which cost five cents, and pay for it with a dollar food coupon so they can get 95 cents back.  If they do it four times, they'll have $3.80 in coin, which they can use to buy a pack of Marlboros.  It's actually pretty clever, if you ask me.

Anyway, I don't think we want our currency to look like food coupons.

Iowa still uses actual coupons?  South Carolina has been using debit card like cards for so long now, I can't remember when we stopped using coupons.  Even when they did use coupons, the stores here wouldn't give back ordinary change, but clunky plastic tokens, so that your Marlboro scheme would never work here. (And if it did, with our low cigarette taxes, no way they'd need to pull that trick four times.)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »

Yes it's history and the social norms were different in his era. As humans it is important to improve on the progression of society but also important to recognize that our founders and forefathers lived in different times. Culture is a huge part of how one's political and ideological development evolves. He was extremely aggressive but served our country well.

Attila the Hun was a successful man of his times too. Let's put him on the bill somewhere!

Since he was a Hun, the 20,000 forint seems appropriate.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 12:54:10 PM »

George Washington owned slaves should he be on the $1 bill then?

what is your opinion on this matter?

Sounds like a "who the f*** cares?" kind of post.

This is like when atheists bitch about "In God We Trust" being on the dollar bill.  I frankly could care less what the money was in trust to, just as long as it gets me my damn Kellans.

But hey that's just me.

People who worry about what's on dollar bills need to see a psychiatrist.

That's just because psychiatrists are Masons and you Masons want people brainwashed with drugs to obey the New World Order that the Masonic symbols on the back of the dollar bill celebrate.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 10:20:04 AM »

We should replace them all with celebrities.  I'd go with:

1c:  Elvis Presley, the King of Rock and Roll
5c:  Michael Jackson, the King of Pop
10c:  Howard Stern, the King of all media
25c:  Barry Bonds, the Home Run King
50c:  Kevin James, the King of Queens
$1:  Hank, King of the Hill

Elvis - died from drug abuse
Michael - suspected pedophile
Howard - POS misogynist
Barry - steroid user
Kevin - Archie Bunker as one of the original Kings of Queens would be a better choice
Hank - the best of your choices
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies