Mikado's Diplomacy Game (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:12:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mikado's Diplomacy Game (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mikado's Diplomacy Game  (Read 12535 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: February 28, 2012, 09:00:19 AM »

In general I would recommend to all the players to send in provisional orders well in advance of each deadline. They can always be superseded with new orders up to the deadline to reflect new diplomacy. They have the advantage of keeping players from going into civil disorder from lack of moves, and they allow the judge to keep a firm deadline without bugging players as often for moves.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:59:07 AM »

It would be helpful to post the move report as well as the map. JDip produces one when a move is resolved. The report describes why a move fails, and it would clarify map errors like the Kie-Bal one above. It also distinguishes between a hold and no order given, as would be the case in Vie above. Writing the moves also allows for some humorous non-moves when a unit is ordered to places it cannot go (eg Lon-Moon).
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:48:56 PM »

If Mikado would edit the OP to reflect the new leader of Austria the world will see it's official.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:24:09 PM »

Yelnoc and Barnes.  Orders.  ASAP.

This long delay for players to submit orders does not bode well for the survival of the game.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:58:32 PM »

I wanna see Muon play Diplomacy. Now. Maybe saying "please" will work. Please?

I recognize my other time commitments would not allow me to participate consistently. Perhaps my time will permit it at a later juncture. Smiley
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 10:25:14 PM »

Will get the map up tomorrow, have been struggling with Jdip which doesn't want to update the map.  Here's the orders and results.

Britain and France each get 2 builds, Austria, Russia, and Turkey 1 build, and Germany and Italy no builds.  No retreats are necessary.  Please send me builds when you can (because this is the easy phase, I want to make this quick to make up for lost time) and we will go to 1902.

What symptoms or messages did you get with the map? I tried entering your orders on my JDip and the new map came up fine.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 06:15:16 AM »

Will get the map up tomorrow, have been struggling with Jdip which doesn't want to update the map.  Here's the orders and results.

Britain and France each get 2 builds, Austria, Russia, and Turkey 1 build, and Germany and Italy no builds.  No retreats are necessary.  Please send me builds when you can (because this is the easy phase, I want to make this quick to make up for lost time) and we will go to 1902.

What symptoms or messages did you get with the map? I tried entering your orders on my JDip and the new map came up fine.

No Symptoms, no messages.  It just moved from "Fall 1901" to "Fall 1901 (Adjustments)" without altering the map.  The units are all in their new position in the program, but the map didn't change.

I've seen that happen once before. I had to undo the previous move, exit, then reenter the move. If it helps, here's the map JDip gives me.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies