Sarah Palin 'believed Queen was in charge of British forces in Iraq' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:47:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sarah Palin 'believed Queen was in charge of British forces in Iraq' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sarah Palin 'believed Queen was in charge of British forces in Iraq'  (Read 2876 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »

Well she's more relevant than Sarah Palin is now at least.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:49:19 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2012, 02:07:54 AM by We Know Who Our Enemies Are »

I'm noticing a pattern with J. J. defending every inane thing that should be indefensible which is quite similar to his inability to own up to any erroneous statements or predictions he makes...

And "many Americans might make that mistake" is not an excuse, most Americans probably don't know anything about the differences between Sunnis and Shi'ites or tribal politics in Pakistan, but that does not mean that it's OK for the Vice-President to be just as ignorant on those topics. And it's pretty obvious from other statements Palin has made she's just as ignorant in those areas as well. That Palin is anything other than a completely clueless bumbling fool in regards to foreign policy is a position I do not understand why anyone would even bother defending today, especially as Palin is no longer relevant at all to electoral politics...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 11:01:14 PM »

Sheesh if you want to defend the woman for whatever inexplicable reason (as noted she has no relevance to electoral politics anymore), you might as well do it from the more logical position noted above that McCain's aides might have some bad blood against her and this isn't a completely accurate account. It's certainly more likely than that Palin said "the Queen" really meaning "the Crown" intending to inaccurately use that term as a stand-in for the government especially with the aide's reply.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 01:49:55 AM »

By the way, this has officially become a J. J. thread now, hasn't it?

J. J.'s devotion to defending things that can't be defended by any facts or logic is kind of inexplicable (see also Joe Paterno or the Bradley Effect nonsense). If some unpopular figure to people on the forum claimed the sun rose in the west and set in the east, we'd probably end up with a multi-page thread with him explaining either how they were probably just misinterpreted or how they could be considered correct in a sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies