Suicide (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:25:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Suicide (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 1831 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: February 22, 2012, 06:07:49 PM »

My experiences with suicide are likely different than those who have "plenty going for them," but in a nutshell, it may revert back to mental illness. One is more likely to commit suicide, regardless of financial standing, fame, etc., if they are depressed.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 06:19:02 AM »

Suicide comes when the emotional or physical tole outweighs the coping mechanisms our minds naturally employ. It's not always due to chemical imbalance, but rather also the situations one finds themselves frequently boxed into which triggers a fight or flight response.

^^^ this.

Also, sorry to hear that Sad Glad you're better though Smiley
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:06:18 AM »

Suicide comes when the emotional or physical tole outweighs the coping mechanisms our minds naturally employ. It's not always due to chemical imbalance, but rather also the situations one finds themselves frequently boxed into which triggers a fight or flight response.

^^^ this.

Also, sorry to hear that Sad Glad you're better though Smiley

Also, suicide is not from cowardice and it's often hard for me to take when I hear people say that. The human psyche is deeper than that. It's an excuse used by people who do not wish to justify the emotions or feelings of the afflicted person.

Yes, this. Hearing people say that drives me nuts, as well as when people say depression is not a real disease. It's almost like telling a gay person that they chose to be that way. BS.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies