Why Ron Paul over Gary Johnson? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:39:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Why Ron Paul over Gary Johnson? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Ron Paul over Gary Johnson?  (Read 1182 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: February 22, 2012, 03:03:58 PM »

Johnson's just kind of goofy, Paul is much more suited to the role of apocalyptic cult leader.

Obviously Johnson's somewhat less of a joke than Paul, and has the advantage of not (as far as I know) being associated with white supremacists and other undesirables, but it's a perception thing.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »

Ron Paul charismatic? What next, Stephen Harper a liberal environmentalist?

We don't see it, obviously, but then we don't have the bug in our brains that makes people see Ron Paul as the next Thomas Jefferson. Paul appeals to some weird part of the reptile brain, especially in the young (given his vote totals thus far, mostly those too young to vote Wink. To take Chairman Sanchez's - who's like fifteen years old - quote...

Paul has an odd charisma. I do not know what it is, but I love it. I feel like I am fixing a problem by supporting Paul.

You see?

And, yes, this -

Most of Ron Paul's supporters are not actually libertarians, not in the way the word is traditionally used. They're mostly working-class anti-government conspiracy types, so Paul's bizarre conspiracy-fueled paleoconservatism is right up their alley.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies