Opinion of anti-gay bullying (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:54:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of anti-gay bullying (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
HP

FF

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Opinion of anti-gay bullying  (Read 7034 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:38:47 PM »

I feel a little sick in my mouth after reading that. Bachmann is a total c-nt.

So it's not okay to call little Brittany a c**nt but it's okay to call Michelle Bachmann a c**nt?

I see.  We can bully people for their political views, but not for being fat or being a lesbian.  Glad we got that straightened out.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »

I feel a little sick in my mouth after reading that. Bachmann is a total c-nt.

So it's not okay to call little Brittany a c**nt but it's okay to call Michelle Bachmann a c**nt?

I see.  We can bully people for their political views, but not for being fat or being a lesbian.  Glad we got that straightened out.

Bachmann has, one imagines, choices regarding whether or not to actively make life worse for people who are not like her.

...and here I was thinking that all bullying was bad.  Apparently sometimes taunting and name-calling and public degradation is okay, so long one understands which groups we're allowed to beat up on.  I'm not defending Bachmann, just trying to understand the new moral fashion.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:11:33 PM »

In another article, which you can link to at the bottom of the Rolling Stone story posted herein, Matt Taibbi of the Rolling Stone writes,

"...Bachmann is a religious zealot whose brain is a raging electrical storm of divine visions and paranoid delusions. She believes that the Chinese are plotting to replace the dollar bill, that light bulbs are killing our dogs and cats, and that God personally chose her to become both an IRS attorney who would spend years hounding taxpayers and a raging anti-tax Tea Party crusader against big government. She kicked off her unofficial presidential campaign in New Hampshire, by mistakenly declaring it the birthplace of the American Revolution..."

That's all fair.  It's accurate.  It doesn't amount to bullying.  

However, "Bachmann is a c**nt" is a very different sort of statement.  It's degrading.  And I find it particularly ironic since the posted Rolling Stone articles uses the exact same language to describe how young Brittany was unjustly taunted.  Either Bullying is acceptable or it is not.  But if it's not--and I'd agree that it should not be--then we must apply the same rules to everyone.  

Does Bachmann want to make life worse for people not like her?  It has never been clear to me that Bachmann has the goal of making life tougher for anyone.  Sure, she probably wishes more poeple thought like her, just as we all do.  She has some unorthodox ideas, and she's much too traditional for my tastes, and she is unyielding and, worse, misinformed.  She would be the sort of President who would take us into nukyular war with Iran to save Israel.  Or the sort who would build a big fence around the United States.  It's good that the GOP recognized the danger that she poses early on, and now she's out of the spotlight, but it is her prerogative to initiate legislation that she thinks is in the best interests of the people of her congressional district, for as long as the people of her district decide to re-elect her.  

haha.  Okay, it occurs to me that the next time I call Michele Bachmann a c**nt, someone is going to throw this little diatribe in my face.  Fair enough, but I just wanted afleitch to appreciate the irony he created.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »

You realize Afleitch knew what he was doing when he called the Bachmann a c**nt, right?

yes, the thought had occurred to me, but I decided that it merited comment.  

(I was a bit mystified by the taunts of "cock muncher."  Shouldn't it be "rug muncher?")
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 01:36:13 PM »

Okay Nathan, that's fair.  Peace.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies