Opinion of anti-gay bullying (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:42:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of anti-gay bullying (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
HP

FF

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Opinion of anti-gay bullying  (Read 6994 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: February 27, 2012, 08:44:13 PM »

Any form of victimisation or verbal or physical abuse against anyone for who they are is flat-out wrong and should be punished.

From my experience with gay friends in high school, thankfully, most had a pretty decent trot, but one or two were abused, mostly verbally, for years. I got picked on for being a nerd (thankfully never a geek, I wouldn't have put up with that) and especially during the middle years, chubby. When someone picks on you, just for you are, not only makes you feel like garbage, but makes you fundamentally hate yourself. In some ways you start to believe you deserve to be bullied and only "if I were different" they'd like me.

I have a few mental scars, but in the end, we need to educate kids that bullying is wrong, but sadly what we saw on the playground came from the home.

This is why I think things like the 'It Gets Better' project are so important, kids who are dealing with daily hell, need to know that despite how awful things are now, the best revenge is a good life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies