CNN Mesa, Arizona GOP pres. primary debate **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  CNN Mesa, Arizona GOP pres. primary debate **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: CNN Mesa, Arizona GOP pres. primary debate **live commentary thread**  (Read 15708 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: February 23, 2012, 05:11:30 PM »

Rick had a decent response on the earmarks and the Specter endorsement.

I disagree - what Santorum said about earmarks is true, but I doubt that it holds appeal to most Republican primary voters. And the discussion about Arlen Specter was one of Santorum's worst moments of the night, because just as he was tearing into Romney over healthcare, Romney goaded him off-topic.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2012, 08:15:29 AM »

I'm still amazed that you people continue to care about these endless carnivals of tedium.

the same exact reason I watch sports on tv.  well, there are slight differences.  spectator politics is less emotional for me but more systemic and intellectual.  baseball may be the exception to that.  this really is a beautiful, amazing spectator sport.  polling, candidates, meta-narratives, sequential primaries, fundraising, we can go on, all unite into one big tug-of-war.  and it ebbs and flows and goes on for months at a time. 

this years GOP race is pretty high on the fun chart.  I was baptized into following primaries by the 2004 Dem race, which was the biggest letdown since sliced bread.  the three since then have been amazing in contrast.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »

I think we should've put a no-fly zone over Syria and left Gaddafi in power (where he would've stayed if not for NATO).

Not really an option as Europe was scared silly of a massive refugee influx from Libya.  If Libya hadn't been on the Mediterranean Sea, NATO would never have gotten involved.  That's why Bashir has been able to do largely as he pleases in Sudan.  No matter what he does, it won't cause massive numbers of refugees to reach Europe.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:35 PM »

I was talking to a friend last night about Rick, and we came to the conclusion that

Naso?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies