The Devil and Rick Santorum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:21:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Devil and Rick Santorum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Devil and Rick Santorum  (Read 431 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:48 AM »

I bring your attention to an editorial expressing frustration as to how Santorum has handled the contraception and mainline Protestant issue, and his lashing out at McCain, not because it covers new material, but rather because the opinions expressed are from folks who have in general been friendly to Santorum, and are sympathetic to his conservative Catholic theological perspective. The source is the The National Review.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »

This rhetoric would fly in 1812 or 1912, but it's 2012.

There's nothing wrong with being religious, but about 75% of the electorate does not want to hear this sort of rhetoric from a presidential candidate. They want a candidate who is going to deal with the serious issues facing America.
ajb
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:50:27 AM »

"Nor do we need political leaders to share their theological judgments about the various denominations that call themselves Christian. There is no good reason for a prospective president to pledge to lecture Americans about contraception."

per the National Review.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 04:12:35 PM »

Santorum has a history of making unnecessary arguments...which is why I call him a troll.

Santorum's viewpoint and knowledge would make him a value poster on Atlas; but when one is running for POTUS, people want to hear a gameplan for the future
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:38:04 PM »

Santorum has a history of making unnecessary arguments...which is why I call him a troll.

Santorum's viewpoint and knowledge would make him a value poster on Atlas; but when one is running for POTUS, people want to hear a gameplan for the future
And yet you support Newtie who is 10 times the troll Santorum could dream of being. I see no evidence that Santorum says anything he doesn't actually believe.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »

I for one welcome the entry of the Devil back into the national discussion. After all, someone has to be blamed for how bad things are everywhere. To quote a limerick: "Of course the Devil's not here/of course the Devil is gone/but simple folks would like to know who carries his business on?"   
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 05:34:51 PM »

shouldn't title be, The Devil in Rick Santorum?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies