Half of US thinks Obama too Liberal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:47:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Half of US thinks Obama too Liberal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Half of US thinks Obama too Liberal  (Read 4670 times)
Jackson
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 11:24:28 PM »

I fail to see how any site that claims the British Conservatives are more left-wing than the Democrats can possibly be taken seriously.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:16 PM »

Obama is a center-right president in his actions judging from any standpoint.
Rhetoric is perhaps moderate in world politics, center-left in America's assbackwards system.

It doesn't matter. He's nearly identical to Romney in actions anyway.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 06:36:51 AM »

In other news, a large part of the population of the US knows nothing about politics.

So because they disagree with you that automatically makes them ignorant?

Certainly a large part of the US population is rather unaware when it comes to politics, but what does that have to do with this poll?
I said a large part, specifically because a) not all of this 51% falls into that category and b) there are quite a few on the other side of this question as well.
But seriously, Obama is more liberal than maybe 40-45% of Americans, so there has to be a sizable percentage that are just stupid.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 06:45:17 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't understand how they 'fill out the sheet' for people anyways.

Anyways - as you see, it rates me to the left of Ron Paul both socially and economically. That should be all the evidence you need to state that the test is terrible.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »

Does half of the US even know what "liberal" means? I'd be surprised.

Yes, I know that sounded elitist. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 01:47:40 PM »

The political compass is ridiculously biased, please don't post it here.

don't call it a joke, it gets the point across.  this is the stuff I hate.  the counter-establishment stuff getting criticized for being unrealistic or embarrassing or etc.  give me a break.  which side are you on?  just a few days ago EMD called the Occupy movement embarrassing.  embarrassing?  again, which team do you want to play for in life?

I'd agree that Occupy "movement" is pretty embarassing.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »

I don't know how PC got that result... I did the test "in character" as BO and ended up with Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03

I erred a little to the left on economics, but even so I can't see him hold any more then 0. And it's entirely laughable to think he's above the line socially.
Why is it laughable to think that he's above the line socially? He supports indefinite detention, the drug war, and opposes gay marriage while rarely speaking on abortion. To add to that he seems to have gone quiet on pushing immigration reform. Go back to 2006 and he's below that line, go to 2008, probably around the middle, but now he's well above it.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »

Anyone who actually defends the Political Compass might want to read the insane description of the various candidates, which nicely throws away all pretense of objectivity.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 05:57:43 PM »

Anyone who actually defends the Political Compass might want to read the insane description of the various candidates, which nicely throws away all pretense of objectivity.
I had never known the guy was such a Paul supporter. No doubt a leftist though.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 06:03:45 PM »

There's a weird strain on the (usually American, but the Political Compass guy is supposedly British) Left that finds Paul's isolationist stances appealing. The ever-annoying Glenn Greenwald is an example that springs to mind.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »

There's a weird strain on the (usually American, but the Political Compass guy is supposedly British) Left that finds Paul's isolationist stances appealing. The ever-annoying Glenn Greenwald is an example that springs to mind.
Actually most leftists I find who like him aren't even big fans of his foreign policy. They just see him as a man of integrity who's not afraid to say what he really believes (like in that ad about Russian troops in Texas). Others view him as a lesser of many evils.
Nichlemn

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »

lol @ this thread. Whether Obama is liberal relative to other politicians is irrelevant to how liberal he is relative to you. Apparently, according to some posters, even if you're very conservative you have to rate Obama's views as "about right" or even "too conservative".
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies