Well, they're going to get what they want.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:15:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Well, they're going to get what they want.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Well, they're going to get what they want.  (Read 3830 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:41:05 PM »

I'm at 39 infraction points. About five of the most recent points were given because I questioned the process and motives. This will probably be deleted, too, but I wanted a chance to say that if I'm not here in the near future, it's because of others.

I'll leave you with one thing: you guys better step up and speak out against this nonsense because a select few have the ridiculous amount of power to punish people with whom they personally disagree. It's a mess.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:47:22 PM »

Nobody is punishing you for personal disagreements.  Your claims here are 100% baseless.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »

I'm with you, Phil.  I've been at the forefront of this struggle and will remain so.  the public awareness of the issue within the membership is impressive.  whether anything will come of it, who knows.  but if not the Forum will cease to exist in its current and meaningful form.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2012, 07:57:28 PM by Kalwejt »

Lol, Phil, and you're criticizing the system while trying to use it at the same time?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »

Yes, I report the holier-than-thou people that lecture me and others about personal attacks...then personally attack me. You know, like people saying, "Don't get mad, Phil, but you're unpleasant." That attack is fine but mine is not apparently. No personal agenda? Please.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »

Usually if someone calls one unpleasant, it is the former who is unpleasant. I've encountered such types on the forum. You gotta ignore them bud. No one cares what they think and you shouldn't either.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 08:01:46 PM »

I'm at 39 infraction points. About five of the most recent points were given because I questioned the process and motives. This will probably be deleted, too, but I wanted a chance to say that if I'm not here in the near future, it's because of others.

I'll leave you with one thing: you guys better step up and speak out against this nonsense because a select few have the ridiculous amount of power to punish people with whom they personally disagree. It's a mess.

I agree with you, generally, but I also can't imagine that you have done anything so outrageous that you should be banned.  Still, if you're on the edge, then maybe it's time to relax a little.  This forum is not a democracy, and as far as I know it makes no claim of being one.  Its moderators have the right to be as arbitrary and as capricious as Dave Leip will allow.  You have to accept that.  

There's a time for courage, and there is a time for serenity.  Perhaps now is the time for serenity.

Peace be with you.  
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »

Yes, I report the holier-than-thou people that lecture me and others about personal attacks...then personally attack me. You know, like people saying, "Don't get mad, Phil, but you're unpleasant." That attack is fine but mine is not apparently. No personal agenda? Please.

I think there wouldn't be any problem right now if you were little less agressive toward other forumites. I'm not telling this to insult ot attack you, since you happen to be one of my favorite posters. That's why it would be sad to see you getting banned over this.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 09:00:41 PM »

Phil, you forget that he made his living out of this  No offense against Torie in general but dissembling and baiting people is part of the trade craft.   
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »

Usually if someone calls one unpleasant, it is the former who is unpleasant. I've encountered such types on the forum. You gotta ignore them bud. No one cares what they think and you shouldn't either.

No, I'm pretty sure the problem for you is that you're an unpleasant person.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 09:05:48 PM »

^^^5 infraction points.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:53 PM »

Gee, I wonder how Phil ever got that many death points Roll Eyes

(Feel free to report this.)

Let us know how many points Franzl has, Inks. This trolling is out of control.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »

Gee, I wonder how Phil ever got that many death points Roll Eyes

(Feel free to report this.)

Let us know how many points Franzl has, Inks. This trolling is out of control.

I don't post how many points other posters have (and we only know the top 10, and he's not in the top 10, so I don't know), and to be fair to you, since you feel that I'm biased in this situation, I'm differing this to Mikado to deal with.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 11:01:36 PM »

REVOLUTION
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:03 PM »

It wouldn't hurt your chances if you added some election maps, Phil.  Just saying.  Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 12:04:33 AM »

It's absurd that Phil think he's close to being banned.  He's not even halway to 100 points.  This is just more trolling to try to get attention, as usual.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 12:46:11 AM »

Did anybody else think of the Cool Hand Luke when reading the thread title?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 01:07:45 AM »

It's absurd that Phil think he's close to being banned.  He's not even halway to 100 points.  This is just more trolling to try to get attention, as usual.

if he's at 30, he's only one or two flame wars away from being carted off the field.  I think the JCrew thread last spring cost me 30...then Joe being threatened also cost me around 30, even though I wasn't directly involved.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »

if he's at 30, he's only one or two flame wars away from being carted off the field.  I think the JCrew thread last spring cost me 30...then Joe being threatened also cost me around 30, even though I wasn't directly involved.

You have deserved every point you've received.  Whether or not you were directly involved, you've trolled a lot on this forum.  So, if Phil can rack up 60 points in the next 2 months, he may be banned.  And if he keeps up the trolling at the rate that he has recently, I don't doubt that he could do that.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 02:06:30 AM »

How has Phil been trolling? He's been overenthusiastic about a candidate (something that can hardly be unexpected on this forum) and rather abrasive in arguments, which he's been doing for 8 years.

BTW my statement about how I have never reported a single one of his posts remains true, and it's going to stay that win even if just on principle after this crap. Seriously. All the points about moderator overreach are being well proved with the snarky retorts here.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:45 AM »

He's personally attacked other posters, and trolled in general about 2012 politics (different than being enthusiastic about Santorum), and lately, he's convinced that I'm receiving money from the Romney campaign, and accused me of moderating based on being on their payroll.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 03:03:23 AM »

He's personally attacked other posters, and trolled in general about 2012 politics (different than being enthusiastic about Santorum), and lately, he's convinced that I'm receiving money from the Romney campaign, and accused me of moderating based on being on their payroll.

Was he exaggerating, maybe?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 03:04:43 AM »

Phil's behavior in this thread seems pretty clearly over-the-top to me.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 03:49:54 AM »

Was he exaggerating, maybe?

I think it is an ethnic thing. The mods hate Italians because we are too damn sexy.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:08 AM »

I think you misspelled "smelly".
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies