Well, they're going to get what they want.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:01:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Well, they're going to get what they want.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Well, they're going to get what they want.  (Read 3827 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 04:06:55 AM »

Excuse me?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 04:42:59 AM »

Aren't you a smoker?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 05:15:13 AM »

Gee, I wonder how Phil ever got that many death points Roll Eyes

(Feel free to report this.)

Let us know how many points Franzl has, Inks. This trolling is out of control.

1 point. I'm sure that convinces you further of a conspiracy against you and Rick Santorum.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 06:53:00 AM »

Yep, but thank God I aint Italian!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 07:46:13 AM »

This is just more trolling to try to get attention, as usual.

Personal attack

Gee, I wonder how Phil ever got that many death points Roll Eyes

(Feel free to report this.)

Let us know how many points Franzl has, Inks. This trolling is out of control.

1 point. I'm sure that convinces you further of a conspiracy against you and Rick Santorum.

Just more moderator bias seeing as you have certainly personally attacked me more than one time.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »

Er, no. It's an attack against your post, not against you.

The moderation system is inherently biased, but you're overblowing it.

That's a ridiculous attempt at nailing me on a technicality. Inks states that I am looking for attention. How the hell does my post count as trolling and attention but I am not attention whoring? Roll Eyes
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »

I'm at 39 infraction points. About five of the most recent points were given because I questioned the process and motives. This will probably be deleted, too, but I wanted a chance to say that if I'm not here in the near future, it's because of others.

I'll leave you with one thing: you guys better step up and speak out against this nonsense because a select few have the ridiculous amount of power to punish people with whom they personally disagree. It's a mess.
I've said this for a long time.  I get shot down every time.  I like this forum a lot... but the amount of groupthink when it comes to forum relations is pretty awful... but is to be expected with the general demographic we have and the moderation setup.

I think the forum was better off when Alcon did most of the moderating... which wasn't all that much.  I understand it was overwhelming for him as he has gotten along with his life... but I think people should be given a wide berth with "death points" only for particularly bad personal attacks or relentless spamming.

At the same time, forum members need to unbunch their undies and stop reporting every post from posters they don't like, etc.  I'd bet a lot fewer death points would be given out if people only reported truly egregious posts.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 11:42:55 AM »

If only, CUM, there were some way to guillotine the bastards. 

The whole idea of these death points for 'personal attack' and 'trolling' was the immediate death of free speech on this forum.  All we're doing now is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 01:21:11 PM »

Jesus... when someone is criticizing your behavior, that's an opinion, not personal attack.

And why is Phil expecting the people around to be super-nice to him, while he's continuing to act very unkindly toward many of them?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 01:30:38 PM »

Jesus... when someone is criticizing your behavior, that's an opinion, not personal attack.

Yet calling Torie out for being condescending is infractable. Roll Eyes If I call someone out for being a know-it-all (again, directed at Torie), I get infracted yet I can say that that's pointing out his behavior and not a personal attack. Give it up, Kal. There are blatant double standards.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Uh...what? I'm not asking anyone to be nice (let alone super nice); I'm asking not to be infracted for calling people out when they act like jackasses just like they'd do to me yet don't get infracted. You have moderators that clearly pick fights with me and others but still have moderating powers!

And the same people that will say that I'm being a whiner are the same people that say I'm being too "mean." Give me a break. If I went through and reported every nasty thing said about Santorum, half of you would be gone. I don't. But if I defend myself or my candidate in an equally forceful way, I'm on the verge of Moderator Review.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 01:31:15 PM »

Do we have a situation here?
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:36 PM »

no, but the detachable face of his car stereo did set off the metal detector.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 01:42:41 PM »

That depends very much on the circumstances.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 01:44:37 PM »

Yet calling Torie out for being condescending is infractable. Roll Eyes If I call someone out for being a know-it-all (again, directed at Torie), I get infracted yet I can say that that's pointing out his behavior and not a personal attack. Give it up, Kal. There are blatant double standards.

Double standards? Yes, there are, but you're more likely to benefit from double standards, due to your tenure on Atlas. Certainly, you're in better position than an average newbie.

Ftr, I don't agree with infraction you mentioned above, but I don't think going out with this is going to help anyone.

@A Person, you're right, but when you post something like "you don't make sense" or "you're acting [insert]" it's not a personal attack. It's an opinion.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »

That was funny, but creepy...
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 06:09:52 PM »

It's absurd that Phil think he's close to being banned.  He's not even halway to 100 points.  This is just more trolling to try to get attention, as usual.

if he's at 30, he's only one or two flame wars away from being carted off the field.  I think the JCrew thread last spring cost me 30...then Joe being threatened also cost me around 30, even though I wasn't directly involved.

You have deserved every point you've received.  Whether or not you were directly involved, you've trolled a lot on this forum.  So, if Phil can rack up 60 points in the next 2 months, he may be banned.  And if he keeps up the trolling at the rate that he has recently, I don't doubt that he could do that.

Inks, your act isn't working - stop trying to prove to the other Mods you don't favor me, everyone knows you'd die for me.  Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »

So put it in the Comedy Goldmine Institute before the bustards delete it.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 12:20:43 AM »

It'd be pretty hilarious if Phil ended up being banned while I'm not, considering his history and little crusade a few years back.

Not that I would ever support his banning obviously. In fact I'm quite glad that he's making points that very clearly need to be made (though claiming that the mods are on the Romney payroll or that the Romney campaign would even care about this site is going a bit far out.)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 12:32:07 AM »

Hey the similarities of this forum to Lost probably beg to be pointed out in this context. Shifting loyalties and conflicts that evolve, long term characters, ones who just come, Phil left "the island" yet returned just like some characters, etc.

Actually any "story" on this forum does resemble a TV series where the writers have decided to just go haywire and have given up on any type of consistent narrative or theme (another great example is post-season 3 Weeds.)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 07:51:40 AM »

Phil needs a hug.  Sad

Hug
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2012, 02:22:58 PM »

Hey the similarities of this forum to Lost probably beg to be pointed out in this context. Shifting loyalties and conflicts that evolve, long term characters, ones who just come, Phil left "the island" yet returned just like some characters, etc.

Actually any "story" on this forum does resemble a TV series where the writers have decided to just go haywire and have given up on any type of consistent narrative or theme (another great example is post-season 3 Weeds.)

What happened post season 3? I have not seen the later seasons.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »

I was infracted for pointing out that a certain poster was acting condescending, so yes, criticizing behavior is apparently a "personal attack."
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »

The whole system needs de-regulation. Short of saying that you intend to set someone's house on fire and munch on their family pets, we should have total free speech.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2012, 06:41:37 PM by Lief »

I was just infracted, one again, for criticizing the behavior of a poster rather than making a personal attack on him! The arbitrary judgments of the moderating team are indefensible.

I wrote:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Note that I never called the poster himself an "idiot hack", but merely criticized his actions as idiotic and hackish. It seems that we are no longer allowed to talk about other posters at all, unless we shower them with glowing praise!1

1And even then we should be careful that our praise is not too glowing, lest we are charged with "excessive hyperbole."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies