Well, they're going to get what they want. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:02:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Well, they're going to get what they want. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Well, they're going to get what they want.  (Read 3949 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 24, 2012, 02:06:30 AM »

How has Phil been trolling? He's been overenthusiastic about a candidate (something that can hardly be unexpected on this forum) and rather abrasive in arguments, which he's been doing for 8 years.

BTW my statement about how I have never reported a single one of his posts remains true, and it's going to stay that win even if just on principle after this crap. Seriously. All the points about moderator overreach are being well proved with the snarky retorts here.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 12:20:43 AM »

It'd be pretty hilarious if Phil ended up being banned while I'm not, considering his history and little crusade a few years back.

Not that I would ever support his banning obviously. In fact I'm quite glad that he's making points that very clearly need to be made (though claiming that the mods are on the Romney payroll or that the Romney campaign would even care about this site is going a bit far out.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:32:07 AM »

Hey the similarities of this forum to Lost probably beg to be pointed out in this context. Shifting loyalties and conflicts that evolve, long term characters, ones who just come, Phil left "the island" yet returned just like some characters, etc.

Actually any "story" on this forum does resemble a TV series where the writers have decided to just go haywire and have given up on any type of consistent narrative or theme (another great example is post-season 3 Weeds.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 02:46:25 AM »

Hey the similarities of this forum to Lost probably beg to be pointed out in this context. Shifting loyalties and conflicts that evolve, long term characters, ones who just come, Phil left "the island" yet returned just like some characters, etc.

Actually any "story" on this forum does resemble a TV series where the writers have decided to just go haywire and have given up on any type of consistent narrative or theme (another great example is post-season 3 Weeds.)

What happened post season 3? I have not seen the later seasons.

They basically just go around drug dealing in different locales. First Mexico, then Seattle, then Michigan and then in the last season New York City. Which is why I'm not too fond of it anymore, it's just a comedy about drug dealing and interacting with shady people like Mexican crime lords or Wall Street ponzi scheme scammers instead of the satire on suburbia that it started out as. So yeah it's just the writers doing whatever crazy thing they want now, similar to Atlas drama. The season 3 finale works pretty well as a series finale to the entire show too so you can just pretend it ended there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies