Ohio secretary of state gloats that he "delivered" Ohio to Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:06:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Ohio secretary of state gloats that he "delivered" Ohio to Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ohio secretary of state gloats that he "delivered" Ohio to Bush  (Read 10727 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2005, 07:30:38 PM »
« edited: January 11, 2005, 02:49:32 PM by Dave Leip »

Yes, the guy who is in charge of counting and certifying the votes in Ohio has this to say in a fundraising letter:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh, and for an added bonus, he's asking for illegal contributions:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here's the link:
http://www.dispatch.com/election.php?story=dispatch/2005/01/08/20050108-B1-00.html
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 07:34:12 PM »

You know, you shouldnt provide links to the article.  They always disprove your slanted interpretation of what the article says.  He thanked Ohio Republicans for delivering the state for Bush.  He's a Republican.  This is not big news.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 07:36:15 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2005, 02:50:47 PM by Dave Leip »

You know, you shouldnt provide links to the article.  They always disprove your slanted interpretation of what the article says.  He thanked Ohio Republicans for delivering the state for Bush.  He's a Republican.  This is not big news.

He's the guy in charge of counting votes. It's obvious that there is a question of integrity here. What a double standard, you guys would be whining like no tommorrow if it was happening to you.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 07:36:57 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2005, 02:51:20 PM by Dave Leip »

I thank all those who helped deliver the 284 Electoral votes to Bush, too.  I'm happy to announce that Bush was won Ohio.  According to Jfern that's "stealing" an election.

It is just typical of the Loony Left.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 07:37:56 PM »

Blackwell is presumably running for Governor so he's drumming up support.  Not a big deal here, Democrats would do the same.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 07:38:14 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2005, 02:51:57 PM by Dave Leip »

He's the guy in charge of counting votes. It's obvious that there is a question of integrity here. What a double standard, you guys would be whining like no tommorrow if it was happening to you.

We should then through out PA's votes because the Secretary of the Commonwealth here was supporting Kerry.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 07:40:42 PM »

Don't you see the problem: He's in charge of counting the votes, and gloats about "delivering" Ohio? Also he's asking for illegal money. Don't you Republicans have ANY ethics?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 07:48:24 PM »

Don't you see the problem: He's in charge of counting the votes, and gloats about "delivering" Ohio? Also he's asking for illegal money. Don't you Republicans have ANY ethics?

Are use suggesting that someone should be deprived of his right to freedom of speech and his right to vote because his department (not he personally) counts the votes.  Every election board I've ever seen has voting members.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2005, 07:53:28 PM »

The individual county election boards count the votes.

Fern, you silly wingnut.  Get some psychotheropy.  Nobody "stole" the election.

You funny.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2005, 08:30:22 PM »

Remember when he said there would be a "civil war" it Bush carried NV?
Andrew
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »

One of the Congressmen showed the letter during the debates on Thursday.  I thought it was a reasonable letter for the state campaign co-chair to send.

I also thought it was extremely inappropriate for him to have sent the letter on Secretary of State letterhead.  Did he forget in which capacity he was acting?  Or doesn't he care?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2005, 10:12:46 PM »

The remarks deserve a partonizing response.  I have no objection to well cited, and well argued positions.  JFRAUD's kind of stuff deserves it.
DanimalBr

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 10:15:18 PM »

Waaaaaahhhhhh Waaaaaahahhhh   Bush stole Ohio!  Waaaahhhhhh.   
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2005, 10:20:23 PM »

Don't forget, "There is no threat from terrorists."
DanimalBr

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2005, 10:22:18 PM »

Is that the infamous Michael Moore quote?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2005, 11:46:07 PM »

Here is the quote from Michael Moron"There is no threat from terrorism. Yes people died from it, and people will die again, but there is no big threat from terrorism. This is the biggest lie we are being told today."
DanimalBr

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2005, 12:20:43 AM »

Here is the quote from Michael Moron"There is no threat from terrorism. Yes people died from it, and people will die again, but there is no big threat from terrorism. This is the biggest lie we are being told today."

Yup.  I've seen it.  Farenhype 9/11 begings with that very quore from that fat ugly piece of human trash. 
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2005, 01:49:25 AM »

I think that "Loony Left" pertains to a specific group of far leftists; he's not saying that all leftists are loony.  At least, I think he's not.
DanimalBr

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2005, 02:44:11 AM »

I think that "Loony Left" pertains to a specific group of far leftists; he's not saying that all leftists are loony.  At least, I think he's not.

Yup.  You're right.  Atleast when I say looney-left, I refer to a certain segment of the Democrats, not the Democrat party as a whole.   The "looney left" is a very small segment of they party, but they do tend to make the most noise.  I do realize that most Democrats, while I may disagree with their political views, are good hard-working people.  The "looney left" are those insane nutcases who worship the ground that fat tub of lard Michael Moore walks on and are convinced that Bush stole Ohio and that all Republicans are evil. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2005, 03:07:34 AM »

I am certainly not saying that all Democrats or all leftists are loony.  I am saying that an element, so ably repesented by this poster are.  I have posted regarding a number of Democrats I would support or have supported.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2005, 03:36:23 AM »

Guys, do everyone a favor and stop paying attention to this long-haired, conspiracy theorizing, Rosewell Chasing piece of trash.  Eventually, he will go away.

P.S.  If he isn't long-haired then he is probably 35, bald and living in his parent's basement.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2005, 04:04:55 AM »

Guys, do everyone a favor and stop paying attention to this long-haired, conspiracy theorizing, Rosewell Chasing piece of trash.  Eventually, he will go away.

P.S.  If he isn't long-haired then he is probably 35, bald and living in his parent's basement.

No, no, no, no, no, and no. You lose.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2005, 05:44:12 AM »

Well, this topic has given me the inspiration to maybe have some fun and create Les Démocrates Misérables, which I'm still thinking about, so some positive may come out of this yet. Cheesy
CO-OWL
OWL
Germany

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: 0.10

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2005, 02:48:03 PM »

OHIO WAS STOLEN...

Why should someone steal Ohio? I think, it's quite large and not very wealthy. I imagine it's nearly impossible to find a receiver of stolen states who would buy it. Maybe Rhode Island or at least Long Island, that might be possible. They're small and quite precious as far as I know. You could hide them in any other state, perhaps even cross the border to Canada. But not Ohio, it's too big. The police would find you within a few days.

Therefore I do not believe that Ohio was stolen. But to make sure, perhaps some of the forum members from Pennsylvania or Michigan (hopefully Democrats to please jfern) could drive to the border and report whether Ohio is still there or was really stolen.

(I'm not sure if we can trust the perception of the members from Ohio. If the theft was committed carefully, perhaps they have no idea that their home state is hidden in e.g. Montana. Who knows?)

But to repeat myself: I don't think that Ohio was stolen...
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2005, 03:01:58 PM »

Well, this topic has given me the inspiration to maybe have some fun and create Les Démocrates Misérables, which I'm still thinking about, so some positive may come out of this yet. Cheesy

Keep me informed, I want to see it when it is finished!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies