Ohio secretary of state gloats that he "delivered" Ohio to Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:52:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Ohio secretary of state gloats that he "delivered" Ohio to Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ohio secretary of state gloats that he "delivered" Ohio to Bush  (Read 10728 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2005, 07:54:22 PM »

Yes, the guy who is in charge of counting and certifying the votes in Ohio has this to say in a fundraising letter:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I hop you die horribly
Oh, and for an added bonus, he's asking for illegal contributions:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

f**ck this election stealing asshole.

Here's the link:
http://www.dispatch.com/election.php?story=dispatch/2005/01/08/20050108-B1-00.html
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2005, 11:48:36 PM »

Guys, do everyone a favor and stop paying attention to this long-haired, conspiracy theorizing, Rosewell Chasing piece of trash.  Eventually, he will go away.

P.S.  If he isn't long-haired then he is probably 35, bald and living in his parent's basement.

No, no, no, no, no, and no. You lose.

No, you lost.  Hence all of the conspiracy theories and moaning.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2005, 11:55:54 PM »

WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA SO MUCH
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2005, 12:08:56 AM »

J. J. once said I was loony left just because I thought Nader was a GOP operative. That shows how ridiculous the term is when he throws it around.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2005, 12:09:30 AM »

Who?  Me?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2005, 12:10:20 AM »

Nobody in general, probably Jfern. Trying to lighten the mood
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2005, 12:10:50 AM »

oh
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2005, 01:06:21 AM »

J. J. once said I was loony left just because I thought Nader was a GOP operative. That shows how ridiculous the term is when he throws it around.

No it shows how the Loony Left throws conspiracy theories around.  Should I complain that the third party candidates in OH wanted (and got) a recount that could have been helpful to Kerry?  Actually, if you look at my posts, I defended it as their rights under the law of OH.

The Loony Left is ridiculous (and, for the record, that does not represent all or probably even most of the Democratic Party).
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2005, 01:42:17 AM »

Except all the evidence shows Nader is a GOP operative. He has openly accepted GOP help and has financial ties to Halliburton.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2005, 02:19:52 AM »

Except all the evidence shows Nader is a GOP operative. He has openly accepted GOP help and has financial ties to Halliburton.

In the borough where I use to live a school director and a senior council member had stock in Occidental Petroleum.  It didn't mean that either Abert Gore, Sr. (he was OXY's board) or Armad Hammer was running the show.  What "help" did he accept?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2005, 11:03:36 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2005, 11:05:22 AM by Senator Nym90 »

OHIO WAS STOLEN...

Why should someone steal Ohio? I think, it's quite large and not very wealthy. I imagine it's nearly impossible to find a receiver of stolen states who would buy it. Maybe Rhode Island or at least Long Island, that might be possible. They're small and quite precious as far as I know. You could hide them in any other state, perhaps even cross the border to Canada. But not Ohio, it's too big. The police would find you within a few days.

Therefore I do not believe that Ohio was stolen. But to make sure, perhaps some of the forum members from Pennsylvania or Michigan (hopefully Democrats to please jfern) could drive to the border and report whether Ohio is still there or was really stolen.

(I'm not sure if we can trust the perception of the members from Ohio. If the theft was committed carefully, perhaps they have no idea that their home state is hidden in e.g. Montana. Who knows?)

But to repeat myself: I don't think that Ohio was stolen...

Next time I'm down that way, I'll let you know if it's still there.

Though I'd wager that every Pennsylvanian on this board, even the Philadelphians, are actually closer to Ohio than I am. I'm about 500 miles from the state border.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2005, 11:27:19 AM »

OHIO WAS STOLEN...

Why should someone steal Ohio? I think, it's quite large and not very wealthy. I imagine it's nearly impossible to find a receiver of stolen states who would buy it. Maybe Rhode Island or at least Long Island, that might be possible. They're small and quite precious as far as I know. You could hide them in any other state, perhaps even cross the border to Canada. But not Ohio, it's too big. The police would find you within a few days.

Therefore I do not believe that Ohio was stolen. But to make sure, perhaps some of the forum members from Pennsylvania or Michigan (hopefully Democrats to please jfern) could drive to the border and report whether Ohio is still there or was really stolen.

(I'm not sure if we can trust the perception of the members from Ohio. If the theft was committed carefully, perhaps they have no idea that their home state is hidden in e.g. Montana. Who knows?)

But to repeat myself: I don't think that Ohio was stolen...

Though I'd wager that every Pennsylvanian on this board, even the Philadelphians, are actually closer to Ohio than I am. I'm about 500 miles from the state border.

About 300 miles to the East, which is well out of range.

CO-OWL
OWL
Germany

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: 0.10

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2005, 04:07:20 AM »

Thank you Smiley
Always these big distances within the U.S. ... Hard to imagine for a Central European Smiley
500 miles (=800 kilometers), that"s roughly the diameter of Germany, from the Danish border to the Alps!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2005, 09:16:07 AM »

Thank you Smiley
Always these big distances within the U.S. ... Hard to imagine for a Central European Smiley
500 miles (=800 kilometers), that"s roughly the diameter of Germany, from the Danish border to the Alps!

From Jacksonville to Miami is over 350 miles.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2005, 05:54:29 AM »

Thank you Smiley

From Jacksonville to Miami is over 350 miles.

Pensacola to Key West is about 800 miles.

In Michigan, it's about 600 miles from Copper Harbor to Detroit.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2005, 08:46:20 AM »

Blackwell is presumably running for Governor so he's drumming up support. Not a big deal here, Democrats would do the same.

doesn't make it right. This is why I hate major political parties.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2005, 12:09:08 PM »

Don't you see the problem: He's in charge of counting the votes, and gloats about "delivering" Ohio? Also he's asking for illegal money. Don't you Republicans have ANY ethics?

I assume you were equally outraged in 2000 when partisan elected democrats were actually sitting in the room attempting to extrapolate "voter intent" from all the pregnant and hanging chads in Broward, Palm, and Miami-Dade...?

Bush is astonishingly popular among Republicans, about 50/50 among independants, and pretty much hated by Democrats.

Blackwell, a Republican, is trying to get a cozy as possible with Bush as he runs for a GOP nomination...

I suspect every Democrat looking for a 2006 Ohio nomination will no doubt declare the election a fraud...

Neither of these things is exactly a surprise..

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2005, 01:52:43 PM »

Kentucky is about 57% Democratic so Bush is popular with some Democrats ;-)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies