Improving the Vice Presidency Amendment [Debating] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:32:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Improving the Vice Presidency Amendment [Debating] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Improving the Vice Presidency Amendment [Debating]  (Read 2451 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: February 24, 2012, 04:11:49 PM »

This amendment, if passed, should be made sure not to take effect until after the next election.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2012, 08:28:13 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Wow, dude, stand your ground. Literally, the only way to accomplish anything positive with either idea is with those two amendments working in conjunction. Even then, I can't say if it will help overall.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:42:36 PM »

Wow, dude, stand your ground. Literally, the only way to accomplish anything positive with either idea is with those two amendments working in conjunction. Even then, I can't say if it will help overall.

The amendment's going to fail anyway. I'm thinking pragmatically.

You never know. Besides, when has that ever stopped anyone else?  Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »

The amendment's going to fail anyway. I'm thinking pragmatically.

You never know. Besides, when has that ever stopped anyone else?  Tongue

You yourself complained that not enough legislation gets introduced. Another amendment vote would slow things down.

I complained about legislation sitting on the floor not being debated when a final vote should have already been taking place on said legislation. Im all for debating and amending proposals until the best possible product is attained. Certainly, Senator, you have mischaracterized my position.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:32:03 PM »

What do we need more senators for?  If you want to make the VP a senator, fine, go ahead.  Give all the cabinet posts senatorial powers if you want, but give back!  We need more active people in regional governments!  Having more than ten senators is ridiculous.
Amen, Yelnoc, but its worth noting that neither the at large nor the regional senate elections have been remotely competitive lately, due mostly to a lack of interested candidates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies