Why would anyone be religious? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:07:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Why would anyone be religious? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why would anyone be religious?  (Read 7677 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: March 25, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »

I guess I see what's going on with people like jmfcst, or even Al, but what the heck is angus up to?  Isn't it a little weird for an atheist and a Chinawoman to bring their hal..  sorry their kid.. to a church? 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »

Oh opebo, I meant to ask you something way back when, and now that it has come up again elsewhere thanks to your acolyte BRTD (except on religious stuff), my memory has been jogged. Why does it annoy you or whatever when folks capitalize your screen name? 

No no, its not a big deal. 

opebo, it's not like we're taking the boy to a nazi youth rally.  perspective, man.

Its not?  I find it similar.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 04:48:32 AM »

So, a while back my nephew came back from third grade and asked his parents who this "Jesus" guy his classmates were talking about was.  My brother-in-law explained the basic story (my nephew had no clue what a "virgin" was, so it was difficult), and at the end, my brother-in-law explained the Resurrection.  My nephew solemnly said, "he was the first zombie."

The kid's going to turn out all right.

Mikado, if that story is true, it gives me hope not just for your nephew, but for all of our sick sad Jewdio-christian culture.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies