Why would anyone be religious? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:26:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Why would anyone be religious? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why would anyone be religious?  (Read 7668 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« on: March 28, 2012, 10:53:03 PM »
« edited: March 28, 2012, 10:57:55 PM by Jerseyrules »

I'm an alterboy.  I'm religious, but I form my own views.  I no longer pray "Hail Marys" or to the saints because I believe in praying to God and God alone.  So while I believe it is an integral part of my life, I don't like to force it on others.  I form my own views, and I don't like the bureaucracy of organized religion.  In adulthood I'll probably go to the nearest church to my house.  I consider myself a Christian and don't like the sectionalism of "Lutheran vs. Episcopalian" etc.  I don't believe the Bible is to be interpreted 100% literally, but I dont think any less of those who do.  But I can tell you that me and two friends of mine, one Christian, the other atheist, went to Christian club at school for the pizza, and my atheist friend lit up, started bowing his head during prayer, and got excited, asking my questions, etc. afterwards.  So while some people choose to find God, I don't think any less of someone based upon their religion.  Some make that decision voluntarily because it gives them spiritual fullness.  I'm not looking for a debate, but a polite discussion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies