Tweed for President 06/12 campaign HQ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:46:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Tweed for President 06/12 campaign HQ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tweed for President 06/12 campaign HQ  (Read 21247 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: February 24, 2012, 07:50:31 PM »

When will you announce me as your running mate?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:23:37 PM »

It's right next to Phil Rizzuto Park. How do you feel about your campaign's association with a Yankee?

the official position of the CPoA-M-L-T is to view all capital-sponsored sport as a means of diverting the pent up revolutionary and sexual energy of the proletariat away from threatening the regeneration of the means of production.  it is thus unworthy of comment.

When will you announce me as your running mate?

good question.  as I stated in my campaign kickoff thread, but this probably bears re-stating, all members of the Community are encourage to display interest in serving as my running mate via private message.

I will only apply in public, as I believe in transparency, not shadowy backroom deals.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:34:28 PM »

in that case you will not be considered.  and besides your belief in this silly liberal 'transparency' is an anachronism.  when I am elected everything will be done in private, including but not limited to signing death warrants, defecation, eating low-carb cereal, sporting events, conferences with international drug kingpins (Atlasia will be converted to a narco-state), and your ghost-writing of my autobiography at gunpoint while I watch Seinfeld re-runs on state television.

In that case, the Earth Liberation Front anti-endorses the Bourgeois Ivy League Suburban Long Islander Party Communist Party candidate..
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »

Young Tweed answers questions and provides his campaign mission statement in this first video of the campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFFwAhKPsX0

WARNING: extensive use of profanity

This is why you need Atlasia's original troll as your running mate.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 09:34:34 PM »

Brilliant speech, comrade. I'm honored to serve as your running mate.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 01:19:26 AM »

I only now noticed the second video, and the fact that Mr Wah is running. As a Wahist, obviously you have my vote.

I didn't know you were a fan!! Cheesy
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 12:29:24 AM »

This is not a message board. This is a way of life.

Tweed '12!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 12:41:50 AM »

Atlasians to be sent to re-education camps on July 6, 2012
  • Yelnoc
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »

Sorry Pingvin, you still don't get to go to re-education camp with all of your friends. We plan to keep you around as token opposition we know nobody will take seriously to maintain the illusion of democracy.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 11:34:33 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2012, 11:38:12 PM by bgwah »

The recent elections are interesting. You know, I waited until Sunday to vote. I was going to preference whichever progressive PMed to vote first. And that PM never came. Nobody asked for my vote. Nobody did much campaigning, apparently.

Winning one out of five seats is pretty embarrassing for the Atlasian left.

I can't help but feel partially to blame... Perhaps it is because I led the Atlasian left for so long that few others knew what kind of GOTV efforts etc. are required. But I don't know --- the Atlasian left was in shambles before the JCP, too.

The main reason I voluntarily stepped down from a major party leadership role is that I was tired of it. The GOTV, the intra-party diplomacy (there was a lot of it), the conventions... it just ended up feeling so exhausting. For an internet game! I simply didn't see why I should do something if I was no longer enjoying it.

But I was definitely also tired of always being blamed for Atlasia's problems. People complained when I recruited candidates! It was just absurd. Was I suppose to apologize for recruiting BRTD to run for Senate? Because you know what, the election would not have been competitive or interesting had I not done that. And while he may not have been the most active Senator ever, I hope the recent inactivity in the Senate is a reality check for you guys.

Even before the JCP became the largest party, I was heavily criticized for my partisanship., because I always voted JCP. But I firmly believed that a certain level of partisanship was required for an election game to thrive. And considering that it was not until the rise of the JCP and RPP in late 2008 that Atlasia began to reach its 2009 renaissance, I feel vindicated in that position.

The verdict is still out on whether or not the JCP/RPP dissolution has turned out well, but I'm optimistic. Obviously turnout is down to the absence of certain GOTV efforts. But we have a lot of new players and Senators as well.

This was a very crucial ingredient in the Atlasian Renaissance. New players. Most people involved in those two parties were new players. There were exceptions, and I suppose I wasn't technically new (as I joined in 2004, but I was a joke player for so long I may as well have been new).

I think the biggest problem we had with the JCP/RPP is that we often just recycled the same old people. Newbies felt like they had to play second fiddle to veterans. But the truth is as JCP Chair I often struggled to find candidates. It was frustrating, I had the votes but not the candidates. I was always happy when I had a new player to run for office. But in odd years, and a mid-term that was not good for progressives, there often weren't many people for me to attempt to recruit.

I'm hoping the timing of the dissolution will work out. This being a website dedicated to presidential elections, one of which is happening this year, we should see a surge in new forum members through November. We've already seen a lot of new people like Clarence join and get involved in Atlasia. We need to make sure we take advantage of all of the new posters who will be joining our forum.

Atlasia is in need of a fairly delicate balance. We need people who understand the most basic dynamics of this game, and those people will most likely be veterans, but we also need room to let new players grow. I think it's safe to say Comrade Tweed and I understand how Atlasia works, but we've already had our fun with party machines and what not (me with the JCP, Tweed with the AFDNC). I know I won't be motivated by that, and I doubt Tweed will either considering he's in a one man party.

The Tweed/Bgwah Regime will hopefully steer Atlasia through this critical time, providing guidance to new players and reminding us all what it is that makes this game thrive. This ticket isn't about us. This ticket is about reinvigorating Atlasia.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 01:50:36 AM »

I agree that the Senate has improved with some of the recent resignations. I just think it's silly that people slammed BRTD so much when he almost always voted and served out his term.

And I'm on the fun ticket, so Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 02:15:22 AM »

Since when? Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies