Opinion of the MPAA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:42:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the MPAA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Opinion of the MPAA  (Read 747 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:17:57 PM »

Their ratings system needs to be abolished ASAP. This became evident during the The King's Speech "controversy" where it was discussed whether the film should be re-cut/censored in order to obtain a rating below "R".

And what replaces it if it goes away?  The MPAA ratings system for all its flaws and quirks is still an improvement over what preceded it.  BluRay's rated by a Wal-Mart devised system?  The amazon.com rating system?  The mass marketers have been even more skittish over media content than the film and music industry have been.

The rating system shouldn't be abolished but it should be made clearer that it's advisory in character and the attitudes towards sex and violence need to be equalized.

The rating system isn't why the MPAA is scum, but the MPAA is in fact scum. Marokai articulated why pretty well.

Emphasis on "advisory".

My parents took me to R-Rated flicks when I was like ten.  I didn't end up being a total f***ed up psycho.
Not all people grow up alike.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies