Santorum questions separation church/state says Kennedy religion speech mistake (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:24:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum questions separation church/state says Kennedy religion speech mistake (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum questions separation church/state says Kennedy religion speech mistake  (Read 1509 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« on: February 25, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »

Good. It's been 52 years since Kennedy was elected. Time for a real Catholic.

If only Santorum actually was in line with the Church. Sad
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 02:46:10 PM »

I respect all religions and religious beliefs. I just wonder why Santorum has a problem with the way Kennedy pushed (rightfully, IMHO) the separation of church and state. Kennedy did not want people questioning whether the Pope would have influence over him. Why is Santorum choosing to open himself up to that question?

If the Pope actually had any influence on Santorum, he wouldn't be half the war-hawk he is, plus he'd be far more economically leftist. Santorum is an evangelical in Catholic clothing.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 07:10:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Which is why the Pope is opposed to Obamacare? Wink

Odd that. I would expect people that are opposed to the church to actually understand what the church teaches, but I guess that's too much to expect.

I suppose if Kennedy were like Santorum, he'd be willing to sell out his faith for your approval. But Santorum actually believes in his faith.

Obamacare is not universal health care. There would certainly be some form of such in a Catholic state.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 02:08:16 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2012, 02:09:51 PM by realisticidealist »

Oh, and that entirely depends on the state. Health care would fall under subsidiarity, meaning that a private system would be preferable to one that is state run, for both efficiency and productivity concerns.

I think that's certainly debateable. I don't believe the private sector runs health care more efficiently for example, and even if it did, there's nothing that says it can't be a nonprofit insurance system like Switzerland. Heck, a Catholic state might have some form of church-run universal nonprofit health insurance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies