The Mideast: Dead?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:29:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast: Dead?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is the Mideast Region on the right track?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: The Mideast: Dead?  (Read 1407 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 05:14:49 PM »

My recollection is off, indeed there are around 170+ plus while for much of 2012 there were 130-140. So it's not just nimbers, it's something systemic. Yes assemblies more have shrunk all around, I recall the NE ones having seven members in its assembly. Is it fewer parties? More apathy? Zombies? What is it?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 06:26:06 PM »

Likely the extremism has made the game inaccessible to some.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »

The thing that has to be remembered is that because a lot of people register doesn't mean they want to get involved in all this. I saw that firsthand as Pacific Governor when we literally had a revolving door of people coming, saying "Nah, this isn't for me," and leaving.

Merging the MW and the Pac would not alter the identity of either region, although the Pac has certainly been tacking to the right lately. The same can be said of merging the Southeast with the Mideast. Or some such configuration. I thought this was taken into consideration. In the end, we're certainly running out of reasons not to attempt some kind of consolidation. We're to the point where we have to manufacture reasons not to do it, and I suppose there are those eager to do that.

Likely the extremism has made the game inaccessible to some.

Well, most sane leftists last summer, for instance, wanted nothing to do with the Mideast, which seemed on the brink of bringing back blue laws at some point, for goodness sakes.

Is it just me or has the usual one region that plays the role of the "Sick Man of Atlasia" now two?

My opinion carries very little weight here, but that's been the case for a long time and it's now actually three "sick men" out of five. Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 08:17:12 AM »

Is it just me or has the usual one region that plays the role of the "Sick Man of Atlasia" now two? Indeed, I'd say every region sans the Northeast is pretty sickly, and even they don't seem as robust as I recall it before my absence from the forum.

Am I correct in recalling that towards the end of 2012 there were just a tad under 200 registrants while now we have around 160? Is that ultimately the problem?

No, there have been times when the game has been as small as 90 members and everything has functioned relatively well.  Obviously, though, the continued sickliness of the regions has only one solution: their utter abolition.  Especially if this bicameral crypto-Midwestern-abolition amendment passes.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies