Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:51:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 55627 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »

Well, the Northeast (specifically Duxbury, Vermont) does have a wealth of... interesting... elected positions.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 05:07:44 PM »

Speaking as a friend and political ally, I enthusiastically endorse Scott's candidacy for Northeast Regional Sewer Commissioner!

Thank you, Governor!  This endorsement is truly an honor!!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 06:43:10 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2012, 11:12:15 PM by Senator Scott »

Press Release - Announcement
From the Office of Northeast Senator Scott

Good evening.

In August of 2011, the Northeast people gave me the privilege of serving as a member of our region’s Assembly.  Since that time, I have served as its Speaker and soon afterwards, Senator of the Northeast Region.  Holding an office in Atlasia is not only a great honor, but is as I always believed, a privilege that must be earned by demonstrating one’s ability to meet obligations and work with others.  The Northeast is very fortunate to have Governor Nix leading its way right now, as he has continuously pushed for reforms that will better our region.  Based on his accomplishments, it is clear that he is one deserving of a second term.  However, he announced today that he would not be seeking one.

There are, indeed, various ways one can serve their country and their community, rather you do so through assisting people in private life, or by fighting for the interests of your peers in government.  It is with that that I wish Governor Nix the best of luck in his future endeavors, be that in the private life or in the public life.  Personally, I have enjoyed being a voice for Northeasterners in the Atlasian Senate for these past six months, and I can see a window of opportunities for which to better serve my constituents.

And that is why I will not be seeking another term as your Senator this October.

The Northeast has room for much-needed improvement, and I have found that there are ways to make those improvements inside the Senate and out.  Indeed, just as much change can be made here at home.  And so, after much consideration, I have decided to be a candidate for the upcoming gubernatorial election!
During the campaign, we will partake in a discussion about the future of our region.  What about the way government handles things do we like?  What do we not like?  More importantly, what policies can we pursue that will create a better tomorrow for all Northeasterners of all backgrounds, faiths, genders, and ethnicities?

To start the discussion off, I would like to invite my friends and constituents to join me at next Monday’s Labor Day Fair in the small farming community of Elizabethstown, Pennsylvania.  There, I will officially declare my candidacy for Governor of the Northeast Region and unveil the plan that I have for the future.  The plan will address four important issues that I would like to begin my term as governor by focusing on over the duration of the coming months: infrastructure, deficit reduction, crime, and protection of civil liberties.  I have many ideas that I believe would move our region forward, but no suggestions off the table.  And with that, I look forward to engaging in a thoughtful, bipartisan discussion with our Northeast citizens up close and personal at Monday’s fair.

The vision for a more prosperous, free Northeast is not a simple dream.  We have the resources we need, and we have the willpower to make it happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »

Consider this a mega cross-regional endorsement! Smiley Best of luck to you - I'm sure you'll be successful in this bid.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 07:03:03 PM »

Consider this a mega cross-regional endorsement! Smiley Best of luck to you - I'm sure you'll be successful in this bid.

Thank you!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 07:31:47 PM »

Press Release - Endorsement

It has come to my attention that Governor Averroes Nix has unexpectedly announced a run for Northeast Senator.  (How unexpected!)

Governor Nix has proven his dedication to his region through his months of service, both as Assembly Speaker and in the position he is in now.  Upon seeing the progress he has made and continues to make, I know of no better person to pass the Senate torch.  It is with this that I throw Nix my endorsement (and some fruit as well!) so that the Northeast may be adequately represented by someone who will continue to stand for progressive values.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 11:29:32 AM »
« Edited: October 02, 2012, 10:09:33 PM by Senator Scott »

Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania

Thank you all for being here today, for your friendship and support, for giving me the opportunity to serve as your Senator these past six months, for filling my life full of blessings beyond anything I ever deserved.  And I would like to thank the Elizabethtown Commission for letting me host this event at your wonderful Labor Day festival.

You know, everyone here has a different story -- different dreams, different backgrounds, different walks of life, and different visions.  The virtues that are held by this beautiful farming community go back centuries, and the good people of this little town are the backbone of our society.  Our region's economy would be nowhere without the hard work of all of you.  That is why it is truly great to be celebrating the accomplishments of our workers on this day.

Whether it's the farmers, the mill workers, the autoworkers, the office workers, or anything in between, we are united by a common goal: prosperity.  The reforms undertaken by our leadership have brought in steadfast economic growth and opportunity for all Northeasterners.  These visions have proven more to be just a dream, but a reality.  But there is still much to be done.

And that is why today, I am formally announcing my candidacy for Governor of the Northeast Region.

I would like to use this time to underline four pillars of my campaign: infrastructure, deficit reduction, crime, and protection of civil liberties.

Infrastructure

New Capital Act-
The last few months has been absolutely groundbreaking for the Northeast.  Just recently, the current administration passed a bill that will relocate the capital to a declining section of our region.  Not only will this promote new construction jobs, but businesses will return to a city where it needs it the most.  I was proud to have a role in crafting this bipartisan legislation, and the developers of this project will have the full support of my administration.

St. Lawrence Seaway-
One of the long-term infrastructure projects I would like to focus on is the expansion of the St. Lawrence Seaway, which, as Governor Nix has pointed out, is essential to moving cargo between North America and international markets.  Unfortunately, ships from a drift of more than seventeen feet are incapable of navigating past Montreal, but an expansion of this gateway can bring in thousands of new jobs across the Great Lakes region.  That is why I intend to work with the Mideast Governor -- regardless of who that might be -- as well as the President and Prime Minister Harper -- to develop a comprehensive plan that would deepen channels, build larger locks, and strengthen our involvement in the global market.

Infrastructure Bank-
One of the tools that my administration will use to utilize the infrastructure challenges faced by our region is the creation of an infrastructure bank that will work within the BNE that I helped our region establish in June.  The start-up funds that are deposited in the infrastructure bank will be under the same rules as the other funds under control of the bank, and the department in control would identify transportation, energy, and water infrastructure projects that lack funding, offer a clear benefit for taxpayers, and are worth at least $100 million or $25 million for rural projects.  Loans made by the bank would be matched by private sector investments or money from local governments so that the infrastructure bank provides half or less than half the total funding, and each project would generate its own revenue to ensure the repayment of the loans.  This bank will help accelerate job growth, modernize our infrastructure, and ensure the timely delivery of new developments.

Deficit Reduction

It has always been my belief that government has the obligation and the capability to provide the best possible service at the best possible price.  That is why I sponsored the Saving Over Spending Act of 2012 during my time in the Senate, which passed with bipartisan support.  It had bipartisan support for one simple reason: it gave federal departments the incentive to spend less, spend wisely, and help pay down our nation's debt without hurting programs that our citizens use.  In my administration, I will author a budget that contains a policy just like the one I proposed in the Senate.  In addition to this, I will establish and chair a commission to look for departments of government that can be merged and eliminated, under the condition that the cuts don't hurt much-needed programs or reduce living standards for our citizens.  This will reduce needless amounts of red tape and make the Northeast Region one of the easiest places to do business in.

Tax rates will remain mostly the same, with the exception of a modest increase on the top income tax rate from 8% to 9%.

Crime

Crime is an issue that is often overlooked in Atlasia today.  Though our nation has seen a tremendous reduction in the crime rate since the early 1990s, the battle to protect our streets lives on.  Currently, I am still working on specific proposals that my crime bill (or bills, given the excessive length of some of these proposals) will contain, but current ideas are as follows:

• Implementing a Mideast-based statute that criminalizes the act of child-trafficking
  • Imposing a 20-year prison term on gun dealers who violate restrictions on gun transfers
  • Prosecuting businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants and temporarily restricting government contracts from businesses that are found guilty of the offense
  • Authorizing the CJO to make grants to state or local police departments to implement an anonymous tip program using cell phone text messaging to assist police in preventing and solving crimes
  • Authorizing the CJO to create and maintain a database for corporate crimes
  • Making grants to public and nonprofit private entities (including faith-based organizations) for projects involving innovative approaches to combat gang activity and rehabilitate convicts
  • Awarding credit toward the service of a sentence to prisoners who participate in designated educational, vocational, treatment, assigned work, or other developmental programs

Protection of Civil Liberties

It has always been my philosophy that government should take as much of a hands-off approach to people's personal and moral lives as possible.  During my time in the Senate, I have sponsored two amendments to the Constitution in particular geared toward protecting individual rights -- the Anti-Conscription Compromise Amendment, and the Equal Rights Amendment.  Equal rights must be protected and they ought to be acknowledged by our laws.  If our nation does not pass a constitutional amendment honoring those rights, the Northeast Region will.

I believe with all my heart that we can make these things happen; we can renew our region's strength in the community and maintain a government that responds to the needs of its citizens, invests your tax dollars with discipline, and preserves the spirit of our community.  This new chapter of prosperity and opportunity can only be ushered in with your help -- and that is why I ask for your support, your shovels, your axes, your hands, and your hearts, so that together we can build a community of progress that will inspire this nation.

Thank you so much, and have a happy Labor Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL-dB9n_Wn4

Endorsements
Northeast Governor Averroes Nix (Liberal-NY)
Northeast Assembly Speaker Alfred F. Jones (Labor-NY)
President and Former Northeast Governor Napoleon (Liberal-DC)
Mideast Gubernatorial Candidate/Former Vice President/President Tmthforu94 (MCPR-IN)
Former Northeast Governor Snowstalker (Labor-WV)
Former Assembly Speaker Cincinnatus (Independent-NY)
Pacific Lieutenant Gubernatorial Candidate wolfentoad66 (Liberal-CA)
Former Senator Barnes (Labor-RI)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 12:16:18 PM »

Thanks for the endorsement, Mr. Senator! Though I do believe we already have a budget surplus.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 12:27:07 PM »

Thanks for the endorsement, Mr. Senator! Though I do believe we already have a budget surplus.

Haha, those were actually endorsements I've seen posted publicly. Tongue Wink

Yes, Governor Nix has done an excellent job with the budget these past few months.  However, I feel new spending on infrastructure projects should be somewhat balanced out with new cuts and revenue increases.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 01:23:54 PM »

Does anyone have any questions or comments? Smiley
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 01:42:47 PM »

Question: If I win presidential election, would you work with me and collaborate?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »

Question: If I win presidential election, would you work with me and collaborate?

Yes.  I intend to work with people from all parties to seek common ground and achieve common objectives.  Regional legislators should always maintain a positive relationship with the federal government and vice-versa.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »

100% endorsed.  As always, we usually agree on the issues, and I know you'll be an effective Governor and see your plans through.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2012, 05:26:16 PM by Senator Scott »

Thank you for the questions, Governor.

1.  My administration will develop close relations with both unions and businesses so that a balance may be maintained between the two.  In the Senate, I voted against Senator Redalgo's Workers' Liberation Amendment because I feared it would have undermined its intentions: protecting the rights of workers and ensuring that the unions have a seat at the table.  While I won't let the unions have the final word on everything, I will fight for their rights to collectively bargain and oppose any efforts to deter them or roll back the progress that they have made for all these years.

2.  I will work with the Assembly and conduct a full evaluation of the tax code before I formally propose all the specific changes.  As was done a few months ago when the last budget was written, I will help re-establish the Budget Committee for which we will find where these modifications can be made.  If possible, I would like to implement a PAYGO-like system so that any deficits that are brought about by the new infrastructure projects are as small as possible, should we have any at all.

3.  If elected, I will continue our representation in the Conference of Atlasian Regional Executives.  I see this new conference as a way to develop a better working environment with other regions for the benefit of the country.  As I mentioned in my speech, I will work closely with the Mideast Governor to draw out a comprehensive plan to expand the St. Lawrence Seaway, which I believe will promote the economic interests of both regions.  Should that be successful, I would like to look into the development of a new high-speed rail system that would span from the Northeast to other parts of the country -- however, these ideas will require the involvement and the commitment of all regional officials, especially governors of regions which are severely lacking in activity and citizen enthusiasm.

100% endorsed.  As always, we usually agree on the issues, and I know you'll be an effective Governor and see your plans through.

Thank you, Cinci! Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 05:24:04 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2012, 07:35:56 PM by Senator Scott »

Are there any other Northeast candidates (Assembly, Senate, etc.) who would like to participate in a Lincoln-Douglas style debate a week or two before the election?  I think it might be interesting to try sharing ideas in a debate with minimal moderation for once.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2012, 07:33:54 PM »

I think another Assembly debate could work. The last one was nice.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 06:17:13 PM »

I will be making the following campaign stops over the coming days-

9/14 - Concord, MA
9/16 - Burlington, VT
9/16 - Montpelier, VT
9/17 - Nashua, NH
9/18 - Plattsburgh, NY
9/18 - Potsdam, NY
9/19 - Richland, NY
9/21 - Worcester, MA
9/21 - Waterbury, CT
9/24 - Paterson, NJ
9/24 - Hazleton, PA
9/27 - Dover, DE

Also, would any other NE candidates be up for a LD debate?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »

I would think a PF debate would be better suited to an election than LD.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »

I would think a PF debate would be better suited to an election than LD.

Good point.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 03:21:12 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2012, 03:33:31 PM by Senator Scott »

Press Release - Comments On ERA Passage

This morning Northeast Senator and gubernatorial candidate Scott kicked off his two week campaign tour at a small pancake house in Concord, Massachusetts.  When informed of the recent passage of the Equal Rights Amendment, he had these words to say:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 10:56:50 AM »

Just making a quick update as to where things are.  Right now, I am typing this from my dad's computer because on Friday night the internet went out for the entire house and we're in the process of restoring access to everyone's computers.  My computer has not gained access yet.  I promise that I'll get to all the Senate bills (hopefully) in a timely manner, but I apologize beforehand if something goes wrong and I end up losing the internet for an entire week: an unlikely scenario, but a plausible one, unfortunately.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 05:34:36 AM »

Endorsed (no Whig candidate so far)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P