Indulgences
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:31:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Indulgences
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indulgences  (Read 1138 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »

My PayPal account is loaded and ready for you. How much is it going to take to get rid of these infraction points, prevent them from happening again, and who do I make the transfer towards?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:16:38 PM »

They go away after 3 months from when they were given.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »

Indulgences went out of fashion some time ago. In fact, even I am not old enough to remember noticing them in circulation. Do you have a clear idea in your head what it is the mods want you to avoid doing that is racking up the points?  Have you had discussions with the mods on the 2012 election board about the matter? Make love, not war, and all will be yours. Smiley

I am a little unclear just what the bill of particulars is against you, Politico, other than over-doing your heavy lifting for Mittens in a host of threads, some of which refer to events long past. But I don't think that is against the Terms of Use per se.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 12:48:06 PM »

Indulgences went out of fashion some time ago. In fact, even I am not old enough to remember noticing them in circulation. Do you have a clear idea in your head what it is the mods want you to avoid doing that is racking up the points?  Have you had discussions with the mods on the 2012 election board about the matter? Make love, not war, and all will be yours. Smiley

I am a little unclear just what the bill of particulars is against you, Politico, other than over-doing your heavy lifting for Mittens in a host of threads, some of which refer to events long past. But I don't think that is against the Terms of Use per se.

Let's see...

3 points for saying Huntsman's daughters are sexy (apparently not homosexual enough for some moderators).

4 points for asking if Christopher Hitchens died of AIDS (A 50-something year old dying of pneumonia begs one to ask this question; in no way was it meant to be hateful or disrespectful, but some folks just want to pretend AIDS doesn't exist, I guess)

6 points for responding to a Greek poster who called me pitiful and stupid, asking him if he supported the riots in his home country.

3 and 8 points for comments I should not have made. Those points were warranted, although the 8 points was a bit severe considering I did not swear or post offensive pictures or whatnot.

4 points for talking about the real gay life of the 1970s/1980s, not the one depicted in the film Milk.

7 points for asking if Democrats helped Santorum win the recent caucuses in Missouri and Minnesota (Yes, I playfully referred to it as "Operation Backdoor," but this thread was prescient, not trolling, as evidenced by recent events).

2 points for starting a thread to stir discussion about the absurdity of open/semi-open caucuses/primaries.

5 points for responding to the comment somebody made about Romney sounding like a rapist by saying that, yes, Washington needs to squeal like a pig (in reference to the film Deliverance).

3 points for making a playful joke about Santorum and Gingrich with regards to schools (i.e., what Santorum said about parents needing to run schools, and Gingrich saying kids should be janitors).

3 points for starting a thread about why Santorum voted against Robert Gates, which will undoubtedly become an issue if Santorum survives Super Tuesday and foreign policy comes to the forefront.

3 points for starting a thread about what clips from Santorum's 2008 endorsement of Romney would be helpful for a pro-Romney ad. This was prescient considering that Romney spoke of Santorum's 2008 endorsement merely two days afterward, as I fully knew he would.

Grand total of 51 points, halfway to a permaban, and Moderator Review status for five days.

And here I thought this place was called US Election Atlas, not Soviet Command & Control Atlas.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:09:55 PM »

Did you appeal any of those infractions to a moderator who had jurisdiction over them or to Nym?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:14:53 PM »

have Nym or Dave ever overturned a Moderator decision?
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »

my goodness! I only have 4 infraction points! I'm boggled as to how it's possible (w/o trying) to get 51!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »

have Nym or Dave ever overturned a Moderator decision?

I'm pretty sure Dave has.  I'm not sure if Nym has.  But 90+% of the time, people don't appeal, they just make threads complaining about what they received.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »

I thought the church did away with those years ago.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »

4 points for talking about the real gay life of the 1970s/1980s, not the one depicted in the film Milk.

Oooh, I'd like to see that post.  Did you talk about Crisco at all?

....here I thought this place was called US Election Atlas, not Soviet Command & Control Atlas.

It is becoming about as interesting as a politburo speech, eh?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 05:57:58 PM »

Lol, I totally forgot about that incident.  Good times.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »

Let's see...

3 points for saying Huntsman's daughters are sexy (apparently not homosexual enough for some moderators.

I will fight with you to get these posts removed.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 02:37:41 AM »

Trying to pay his way out like his main man Romney?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »

Oooh, I'd like to see that post.  Did you talk about Crisco at all?

No, I kept it very PG-13ish. I am sure I would have received 20 death points had I been explicit.

....here I thought this place was called US Election Atlas, not Soviet Command & Control Atlas.

It is becoming about as interesting as a politburo speech, eh?
[/quote][/quote]

Yes, it is a bit out of hand. I know who is most responsible. Here is a hint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEd0_rm6kU
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »

Yes, it is a bit out of hand. I know who is most responsible. Here is a hint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEd0_rm6kU

Porky Pig?  I don't get it..
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 08:01:34 PM »

Grand total of 51 points, halfway to a permaban, and Moderator Review status for five days.

This is what we call, in the biz, a "good start."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies