Apology for the 2012 Forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:24:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Apology for the 2012 Forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Apology for the 2012 Forum  (Read 3113 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:25:08 PM »

I know I have been a shameless Romney hack the past few months. Part of it was to be funny, see how far I could push the absurdity while maintaining believability, even though I really do support Romney (although obviously NOBODY thinks THAT highly of ANY candidate with the possible exception of a certain poster from Pennsylvania, I suppose...). With that said, I am going to tone it down to virtually zero. I am not interested in being regarded as a troll. That was never my intent. I have been both an active and lurking member of this forum for years, before Politico Magazine existed to give you an idea of how long. I would like to remain on here.

That aside, I would like to apologize for the over-the-top and relentless attacks on Gingrich. Sometimes I kind of felt like George H.W. Bush's team piling on poor Michael Dukakis, but then I snapped out of it and realized that Gingrich deserved all of it. Ultimately, I simply gave a preview of what I thought the campaign would do, and most of it unfolded accordingly. Needless to say, Gingrich was thoroughly destroyed, but it was for the good of the nation. I am not going to apologize to Gingrich fans who are upset about his destruction, and I would appreciate it if they would stop brushing through all of my posts with a fine comb in an attempt to pile up my infraction points and get me banned. It was just politics. I was simply spreading the word on here. I was just a messenger.

With regards to Santorum, I think I took it lightly on him. I disagree with his tone, past actions, and quite a few social stances of his, but I somewhat respect him. He is a respectable alternative to Romney in comparison to Gingrich. The campaign took it even lighter on Santorum than I did.

In conclusion, from now on I will not be hackish and will therefore be less entertaining. You will not get any more material from me for The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy. That is the price of being objective, and the result of some folks reporting relatively harmless posts in an attempt to get me banned rather than simply ignoring me as they should have. They ruined it for those of us who enjoyed this gig. Objectivity is all you will get from Politico from now on if our dear moderators choose to take me off Moderator Review.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:25:45 PM »

We can't take you off moderator review.  It'll happen automatically after 7 or 10 days (I don't remember which).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:27:37 PM »

I know I have been a shameless Romney hack the past few months. Part of it was to be funny, see how far I could push the absurdity while maintaining believability

Dude, it was amusing at first, but eventually you became just too obvious.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 12:30:41 PM »

It'll happen automatically after 7 or 10 days (I don't remember which).

This makes me smile.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »

We all figured it out Tongue I can't speak for everyone, but I speak for myself when I say no hard feelings Tongue
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:04:38 PM »

This still doesn't explain Wonfield.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:16:45 PM »

But it was fun! Wah!

It's OK. We're all cool now.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:19:13 PM »

no hard feelings Smiley
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 02:38:03 PM »

No hard feelings. You did give us some good cheer. I look forward to seeing what the new improved objective Politico will be like.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 02:41:19 PM »

Too late, man.  You've already been cast as an obsessive Romney fanboy in my timeline.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »

I reserve the right to hard feelings.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 02:48:27 PM »

Nooooo, don't break character, stand up and fight politico!
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 03:18:19 PM »

Now all that's left is for Winfield to *ahem* come out of the closet.

Unfortunately, I think he might be being serious.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 03:19:04 PM »

Now all that's left is for Winfield to *ahem* come out of the closet.

Unfortunately, I think he might be being serious.
Don't you mean to come out from the dog crate?
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 05:28:35 PM »

It's too late. You've already marked yourself as a joke poster, a troll, a spammer, and a hack.

Make some meaningful contributions and someday that might change.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 06:48:26 PM »

It's too late. You've already marked yourself as a joke poster, a troll, a spammer, and a hack.

Make some meaningful contributions and someday that might change.

Since Politico's use of the politics of personal destruction has been repeated by other campaign surrogates in other venues, I will not take seriously any notion that it was in any way a "joke." That is just his failure to taken responsibility for his actions. However, the obvious insincerity of his attacks [bipolar mother = Hitler], the systematic dumps onto this forum of the Romney's team lastest talking points, and the shamelessness of his defenses of the indefensible identify him a troll, spammer and hack.

Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »

Did politico just flip flop on his posting habits?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 06:52:01 PM »

A real supporter of Romney? You do realize you have done more damage than anything positive or favorable. With supporters like that, who needs opponents. Tongue
BigSkyBob

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 06:53:43 PM »

I guess you missed the "nuances" in his "apology."
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »

Like a true Romney supporter.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 02:17:14 PM »

Don't bother apologizing, Politico.  You haven't done anything wrong, IMO, there are just some folks here that are far too tightly wound for their own good and future health.

I greatly respect some of the longtime posters here, but I'm phasing out this site from my routine, as I simply can't be bothered to walk on eggshells on a frickin' internet forum.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 03:10:50 PM »

Don't bother apologizing, Politico.  You haven't done anything wrong, IMO,

You don't consider equating all people whom happen to have a relative whom suffered from maniac depression to Adolph Hitler to be wrong? If that wasn't a willfull attempt to stigmatize mental illness, what is? Nor, were his attempts to set a weight requirement to be President any thing other than an appeal to prejudices against overweight people.

Politico's attempts to blame some unspecified Gingrich supporter for his woes just shows how unapologetic he really is. If he wants to play a game of whodunit may I suggest that he consider every Gingrich supporter, every Santorum supporter, and every Obama supporter [if Romney wins the nomination the smear machine will turn to Obama.] Then, there is everyone whom has a relative with a mental illness, or, even autism. Those whom are overweight and tired of being demeaned. And, finally, there are those whom have had enough of his spam.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »

I thought some of the "santorum" jokes went too far (though you are not alone), and at times there were too many threads, but whatever...no sweat.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »

Don't bother apologizing, Politico.  You haven't done anything wrong, IMO,

You don't consider equating all people whom happen to have a relative whom suffered from maniac depression to Adolph Hitler to be wrong? If that wasn't a willfull attempt to stigmatize mental illness, what is? Nor, were his attempts to set a weight requirement to be President any thing other than an appeal to prejudices against overweight people.

Politico's attempts to blame some unspecified Gingrich supporter for his woes just shows how unapologetic he really is. If he wants to play a game of whodunit may I suggest that he consider every Gingrich supporter, every Santorum supporter, and every Obama supporter [if Romney wins the nomination the smear machine will turn to Obama.] Then, there is everyone whom has a relative with a mental illness, or, even autism. Those whom are overweight and tired of being demeaned. And, finally, there are those whom have had enough of his spam.

It's the internet, dude.  If you don't like being around people with ideas that offend you or that you disagree with, there's a power button for that.  I think there should be some minimum standards (e.g., no personal attacks on other forum members), but I find it awfully quaint to apply some sort of chilling, restrictive appropriateness standard to politics discussions on the internet, of all things.
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »

I mourn at the loss of the ultimate hack's entertainment value.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies