Apology for the 2012 Forum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:07:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Apology for the 2012 Forum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Apology for the 2012 Forum  (Read 3164 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« on: February 27, 2012, 02:17:14 PM »

Don't bother apologizing, Politico.  You haven't done anything wrong, IMO, there are just some folks here that are far too tightly wound for their own good and future health.

I greatly respect some of the longtime posters here, but I'm phasing out this site from my routine, as I simply can't be bothered to walk on eggshells on a frickin' internet forum.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »

Don't bother apologizing, Politico.  You haven't done anything wrong, IMO,

You don't consider equating all people whom happen to have a relative whom suffered from maniac depression to Adolph Hitler to be wrong? If that wasn't a willfull attempt to stigmatize mental illness, what is? Nor, were his attempts to set a weight requirement to be President any thing other than an appeal to prejudices against overweight people.

Politico's attempts to blame some unspecified Gingrich supporter for his woes just shows how unapologetic he really is. If he wants to play a game of whodunit may I suggest that he consider every Gingrich supporter, every Santorum supporter, and every Obama supporter [if Romney wins the nomination the smear machine will turn to Obama.] Then, there is everyone whom has a relative with a mental illness, or, even autism. Those whom are overweight and tired of being demeaned. And, finally, there are those whom have had enough of his spam.

It's the internet, dude.  If you don't like being around people with ideas that offend you or that you disagree with, there's a power button for that.  I think there should be some minimum standards (e.g., no personal attacks on other forum members), but I find it awfully quaint to apply some sort of chilling, restrictive appropriateness standard to politics discussions on the internet, of all things.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies