My generation is f**ked
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:50:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  My generation is f**ked
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: My generation is f**ked  (Read 5088 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 01:41:36 AM »

I somehow doubt you mean that literally, as there is nothing negative about this honorable profession.  Perhaps you mean something else.. some other related malign of the gender.  In any case your crude statement tells us much more about you than about the ladies in question.  And it is not to your credit, I might add.

^^^ You are right.

I think the Merriam-Webster definition of "whore" is simply "girl who has sex with someone who is not me."

Oddly enough, my definition is 'someone who will have sex with me', though I have to say I don't think I've ever used that word in my life.

I think the last part of the sentence proves my point...
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 02:56:52 AM »

Every generation is f**cked...they all pass away.  Plus, every generation starts off idealistic, distracted and flesh-driven, grows up cynical and suspicious, lives an adult life trying to survive and provide for a few other people around them, ages cynical and suspicious, and passes on trying to appreciate every last drop they have left.  When any generation comes along that isn't like this, wake me--I'll be sure to watch.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 03:26:16 PM »

Yeah. I would go with that. 1999 was probably the best year for the United States, on the whole.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 04:10:27 PM »

Every generation is f**cked...they all pass away.  Plus, every generation starts off idealistic, distracted and flesh-driven, grows up cynical and suspicious, lives an adult life trying to survive and provide for a few other people around them, ages cynical and suspicious, and passes on trying to appreciate every last drop they have left.  When any generation comes along that isn't like this, wake me--I'll be sure to watch.

So very true.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 08:57:41 PM »

I somehow doubt you mean that literally, as there is nothing negative about this honorable profession.  Perhaps you mean something else.. some other related malign of the gender.  In any case your crude statement tells us much more about you than about the ladies in question.  And it is not to your credit, I might add.

You sell me short and cut me the core, friend. Prostititution is not just the oldest profession but one of the most honest!

First, I do mean literally that many journalism students I knew in college indeed sold themselves for cash. Do you think I would have used that term in jest? I found their industrious use of their skills to be a credit to themselves.

Additionally, I would have no problem with the fact that they acted in such a way if that was their chosen field. If they majored in the prostitution arts I would applaud their prowess. However, rather than follow what they were good at and could profit from they entered the career path of journalism. My issue is not with their gender, narrow minded man, but instead with the fact that they did not follow the path that would have allowed them to make the most money and to help the most people. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 09:09:24 PM »

You sell me short and cut me the core, friend. Prostititution is not just the oldest profession but one of the most honest!

Sorry about that!  In future to avoid confusion be careful of that world (the W word).  It cannot be helped that it insults some of my favorite people.  Nonetheless, even if you were merely referring to feminine promiscuity, I would object.  But I shall jump to no more conclusions..
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2012, 12:24:44 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2012, 12:26:25 PM by General Buck Turgidson »

LOL, "Pope Benedict Arnold XVI"...

Is marijuana already decriminalized in Topeka or something?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2012, 03:10:29 PM »

Oh good God.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution