Here's one guy at high risk.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:20:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Here's one guy at high risk.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Here's one guy at high risk.  (Read 571 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:21:02 PM »

California Teen Leaves School, Moves in With Former Teacher
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:25:49 PM »

Hooker. 
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »

HISTORIC - this might be the first thread in forum history where opebo and angus were the first two posters.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »

And with your input, now all three musketeers are represented.

Seriously, though, that girl can look forward to heartbreak.  If he dumped his wife once for a younger model, he'll probably do it again.  Just my opinion.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 01:34:42 PM »

As long as they have no kids and split up while she's still young and nubile, she's fine. As for the guy, he should watch his wallet.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »

Seriously, though, that girl can look forward to heartbreak.  If he dumped his wife once for a younger model, he'll probably do it again.  Just my opinion.

Yeah, but it's not like he's a wealthy businessman or something and he's no longer a teacher so he won't have ready access to younger models anymore. He's got very little chance of doing so at this point, IMO.

Still, the relationship probably won't last, but it'll be for other reasons. The difference in age is also a difference in life experience, so the two will likely have some conflict once their honeymoon period is over. Money will probably become an issue. Also there's what could happen if this guy gets over his apparent mid-life crisis.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »

In fairness to him, he lives in Modesto.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 06:43:07 PM »

Time to start sleeping with the 12 gauge instead of the 18 year old.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »

Time to start sleeping with the 12 gauge instead of the 18 year old.

I meant at high risk from the State, not random loonies.

I'm very happy for this guy getting the young stuff, but the monogamy and living together is always a bad idea.  And for sure if he was quitting anyway, they should have moved away and not told anyone.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 06:58:52 PM »

I don't get it.

HISTORIC - this might be the first thread in forum history where opebo and angus were the first two posters.

Are we known for being late arrivals/non-threadstarters?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 10:05:18 AM »

It's the man's name, and I thought it was sort of funny, because hooker means prostitute, and that's sort of what he's doing:  selling himself out.  In a way.

Let's see...  I have a girlfriend in the 12th grade, about to graduate from high school.  What do I do?  Do I support and facilitate her decision to quit school?  I don't think so.  She's a bright girl from a stable family and should at least finish high school.  I try to get her to continue and graduate.  For her future.  At least if I love her that's what I do. 

Now, add to that, what if I'm a teacher?  Well, presumably education is important to me.  Do I facilitate and encourage my girlfriend when she tries to quite school?   (yes, I know that she's doing "independent study" in order to graduate, and I know how nasty high school girls can be to each other.  No doubt she's taunted and called "slut" and "skank" as she walks down the corridors, so maybe she doesn't feel comfortable there anymore, but this independent study course is probably a poor substitute for class.  And in any event if he really loved her they could have waited a few more months so she wouldn't have had to deal with the taunting to begin with, and could have finished high school in the usual way.)

It all seems like he's selling out what one would presume to be his ideals for a few moments of groping and sweating.

Add to that cost the fact that I've also estranged myself from my own children.  And my wife.  Now, maybe it was a loveless marriage, who knows?  But Jesus, man, how many lives do you want to wreck.

This guy just seems so awfully short-sighted.  I thought it was fitting that his name is Hooker.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies