2016: A Party Divided
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:43:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: A Party Divided
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: How is this timeline?
Good

No Opinion

Bad

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: 2016: A Party Divided  (Read 10833 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 27, 2012, 11:19:46 PM »
« edited: February 28, 2012, 10:37:34 AM by spamage »

I've had an idea for this timeline for a while and decided to make it.

In early-2012 Mitt Romney managed to overcome Santorum and Gingrich through unsuspected victories in on Super Tuesday. He continued with his momentum and managed to get Santorum and Gingrich to end their campaigns. In the convention he managed to have a majority of delegates and he swiftly recieved Ron Paul's endorsement. He selected Chris Christie as his VPOTUS. The election tilted more and more to Romney as gas prices continued to increase and Iran continued to be aggressive towards Israel and the United States.
2012 United States Presidential Election

Mitt Romney/ Chris Christie 51.98%
Barack Obama/ Joe Biden 47.55%
Along with a preisdential victory the GOP maintained control of the House with only slight Democratic gains. In the Senate the GOP gains 5 seats: Nevada, New Mexico, Missouri, North Dakota, and Montana. It was a lower, although slightly, turnout than in 2008.

The crowd at Romney's inauguration

Part of Romney's cabinet
 Vice-President: Chris Christie
  Sec. of State: John Huntsman Jr.
  Sec. of Treasury: Donald Trump
  Sec. of Defense: David Petraeus
  Sec. of Justice: Brian Sandoval
  Sec. of Interior: Rick Santorum
 Following Romney's inuaguration unemployment, which had been stalled for several months, began going down again as did gas prices. He worked quickly to repeal Obamacare and other Obama regulations. The first part of his 1st term is considered highly uneventful compared to the previous Obama Administration. In 2014 Republicans managed to gain 4 states in the Senatorial election. They also gain 6 seats in the House. As Romney's approval still remains high.
Now on to 2015!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:56:05 AM »
« Edited: February 28, 2012, 02:00:12 AM by spamage »

January- February 2015
(using 2012 primary dates)

January 3rd, 2015- "In one year from today the voting in Iowa will begin and I have decided ,after a talk with Bill and Chelsea and some personal thought, that I will not be running for President. I view that the Democratic Party needs to continue to move forward not focus on people who are becoming a part of its past  like me. I will stay in retirement and I will support our party's nominee who will win us back the White Wouse!"

January 14th, 2015- Within Iran Mir-Hossein Mousavi is unexpectedly imprisoned after a raid on his home.

January 29th, 2015-Several marches and rallies occur to protest Mousavi's imprisontment. The government cracks down using tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse the crowd. It is highly evident the government fears an "Iranian Spring"

February 3rd, 2015- The first poll for possible Democratic Cantidates is revealed. It is considered highly unlik all the people included in this poll will enter the camapaign due to the election being a midterm and also becuase of Romney's high approval rating.
             Barack Obama 37%
             Andrew Cuomo 17%
             Mark Warner 9%
             Kristen Gillibrand 8%
             Martin O'malley 7%
             Brian Schweitzer 5%
             Claire Mccaskill 3%
             Rahm Emmanuel 3%

Febraury 11th, 2015- Mousavi is apparently found dead in his cell. Several members of the military leak this rumor to their family and the protests increase. In several areas near Qom 3 casualties were reported as the local military used live bullets to disperse a crowd

February 15th, 2015- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warns the U.S. and other Western powers "To not get involved" and threatens to use nuclear weapons, however, the world is not sure that Iran has developed the technology to create nuclear weapons.

February 16th, 2015- Barack Obama schedules a press conference on the 27th. This increases speculation that he will run for another term however the majority of people believe he is just going to announce he will not run.

February 20th, 2015- The U.S. joins France, the U.K., and Israel in condeming the apperant murder of both Mousavi and the protesters.

Febraury 27th, 2015- "I will not be running for president in this election. I feel as if I've had my chance and that it is now someone elses turn" light laughter "But I do have some other news, following Hillary Clintons example my wife Michelle Obama will seek the position of Senator to the great people in Illinois."

February 28th, 2015- A second wave of protest killings is suspected after several videos released of the protests. One leader says that over 20 people were killed while the military fought them in the city of Yazd

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 07:34:57 PM »

March 1st,2015- President Romney has several fundraisers around Utah and Arizona

March 5th, 2015- "As of today I am creating an exloratory comitee into my potential campaign for president. Although right now my name recognition is very low I view an early campaign as an asset in spreading it and allowing more people to know why I would be a better president than Mitt Romney has been" Brian Schweitzer in Helena, Montana.

March 6th, 2015- The Iranian government admits Mousavi has indeed been killed. Although they expected their admission to end protests it does the opposite. 12 civilians and 7 police are killed during continues clashes near Yazd.

March 12th, 2015- Democratic nomination:
                     Andrew Cuomo- 25%
                     Mark Warner 18%
                     Brian Schweitzer 9%
                     Martin O'malley 7%
                     Kristen Gillibrand 7%
                     Claire Mccaskill 3%
                     Rahm Emmanuel 2%
                     Kay Hagan 1%

March 16th, 2015- Several protest groups begin all out fighting in small cities, meanwhile the Iranian President warns the protesters military action will be taken.

March 19th, 2015- Many statements made by retired Representative and former Presidential cantidate Ron Paul gives the hint he wants his son, Rand, to run as the dissapproval of Romney vote.

March 20th, 2015- Many pundits on the left slam President Romney over his current handling of the Iranian situation.

March 25th, 2015- A first debate for Democratic cantidates in Boston has been scheduled for May 12th. It is unclear if enough cantidates will declare before debating.

March 30th, 2015- "I certainly believe being mayor does not qualify me for being president." laughter "At least for this election, I'd like to remain Mayor of Chicago."

March 31st, 2015- "Look, the Democrats are running scared. They don't want to face him in the election. They have very few things to attack him economically wise and it will take alot of stamina to retake the White House."- Bill O'Reilly
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:55:50 PM »

Great!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 08:37:33 PM »

I'll be reading the updates for this. Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »

Thanks for the support! I'll try to get another update in soon!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 10:31:29 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2012, 10:34:13 PM by spamage »

April 1st,2015- Romney's Approval rating takes a moderate hit because of the Iranian Crisis
    Jan 1st                   Apr.1st
    Approve 58%         Approve 50%
    Undecided 25%      Undecided 30%
    Dissapprove 17%   Dissapprove 20%

April 4th, 2015-The death toll from the "Iranian Spring rises from 23 to 30 as 7 protesters are shot in Tehran. The incedent was caught on video causing Russia and China to not condemn the attacks but they move more into a neutral position.

April 7th, 2015-An earthquake hits British Columbia. Romney pledges aid as the death toll is expected to be between 500-900.

April 9th, 2015-Romney comes out against Iran. He admits it is not realistic at the current standpoint for the United States to get involved. Several critics on both sides criticize him for being "in the middle" and each want a different result. However most Americans relate to his sentiment.

April 13th, 2015- "My exploratory comitee was a sucess so therefore today my campaign for 2016 has begun."- Brian Schweitzer Des Moines, Iowa

April 19th, 2015- Within Iran Ahmadinejad completely ends the opposition's activities within the Government. Protesters use this to further their message against the government.

April 23rd, 2015- A draft movement for Mark Warner begins as Democrats appear more and more concerned about the "empty primary"

April 25th, 2015- A poll is done on who republicans would support for their cantidate. Many people consider the poll a joke and 3 out of the 4 canidate laugh off the poll all saying they refuse to run against President Romney. Only Rand Paul ramains silent. He admits he would likely not win if he were to run and that he also wouldnt criticize the President on his hypothetical campaign.

President Mitt Romney- 76%
    Kentucky Senator Rand Paul- 13%
    Florida Senator Marco Rubio- 6%
    Vice-President Chris Christie- 4%
    Sec. of State John Huntsman Jr.-1%

April 29th, 2015- The first potential General Election polls are taken:
    Mitt Romney/ Andrew Cuomo     50%/44%

Mitt Romney/ Mark Warner      51%/47%

Mitt Romney/ Brian Schweitzer 58%/35%

April 30th, 2015- 12 members of the opposition dissapear after it is reported they were arrested. The ensuing panick causes nearly all members of the opposition to either flee Iran or hide.

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 07:16:04 PM »

May 2015

May 2nd, 2015- Following sevral suicide bombings around protests in Iran protestors becomes highly suspicious that the government could be working with terrorist cells in Iran.

May 5th, 2015- "The draft movement has really impressed me, thanks guys. However I will be making a final desicion on a presidential campaign in late May, so no I will not be at the debate in a few days."- Mark Warner in Virginia

May 9th, 2015- The Democratic debate is postponed until June 14th, it is also moved from Boston to Concord.

May 10th, 2015- Pakistan joins Iraq and Afghanistan by completely ending all border openings with Iran. This was sparked by several reports that the number of refugees had doubled in the months following the start of protests.

May 13th, 2015- "I believe it is time for a womans voice to be entered into this race. I will run for President of the United States. I am sick of our current President for claiming responsobility for our economic recovery. It is clear President Obama's policies led us here and we can't allow 4 more years to the pa rty which turned a solid economic situation into a disaster."-Kristen Gillibrand, New York City

May 19th, 2015- Following Gillibrand's entry new polls are released.
        *=declared
        Andrew Cuomo                    22%
        Mark Warner                        21%
        *Kristen Gillibrand               13%
        *Brian Schweitzer               12%
        Claire Mccasskill                   5%
        Martin O'malley                    5%
        Kay Hagan                           2%
        Undecided/Someone Else    20%

May 21st, 2015- Suicide protest bombings continue. The government continues to ignore them and begins using wepons and the military to scatter protesters. In response several military groups begin to arm protesters and the death toll begins rising too fast to count.

May 28th, 2015- Reports are issued from Cuba giving hints Fidel Castro's health is declining. However, the government denies these statements saying he is in fact very healthy.

May 30th, 2015- "Yes, as I promised there has been a desicion made. I will run for president. Many of my supporters have been proactive and I view this as a continued asset to my campaign. We will take back the White House!"

May 31st, 2015- Cuomo Schedules a press conference for June 9th.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 01:25:46 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2012, 01:27:49 AM by spamage »

June 2015

June 1st, 2015- Warner recieves a slight bump in the polls due to his enterance. New rumors spread that Mccaskill, Cuomo, and Hagan all plan on entering within the month but it is highly unclear.
Mark Warner           25%
Andrew Cuomo       21%
Kristen Gillibrand    14%
Brian Schweitzer    12%
Claire Mcasskill         6%
Martin O'malley        5%
Kay Hagan               3%

June 3rd, 2015- The revolutionaries within Iran begin to outnumber protesters as the two groups begin to merge.

June 5th, 2015- Israel pledges to act independently if no resolution is made within the U.N. due to a large amount of evidence being released showing Iran likely does have nuclear weapons.

June 6th, 2015- Several stocks lose value due to tensions with Iran. However, as the threat of closing of the straight of Hormuz becomes less and less oil prices decrease.

June 9th, 2015- "I will not be seeking the office of Presidency, for now that door remains closed for me. However, I will eventually endorse a contidate but need to view the field first."

Bill O'Reilly- "This is as big as Huckabee in 2012. He could've won and faced Romney but I did have a feeling it would turn out to be Cuomo or Warner not Cuomo and Warner."

June 10th, 2015- Claire Mcasskill announces over Facebook she's forming an exploratory comitee.

June 12th, 2015- Democratic Debate- Throughout the night it was very quiet there were several moments with tension between Governer Warner and Senator Gillibrand over economic issues. Mccaskill and Schweitzer largely were asked less questions and they would complain over the next few days. However Gillibrand is largely considered to have one the debate and she recieves a large surge in the polls both due to Cuomo not entering and and her positive debate performance. She nearly ties with Warer in National polls.

Who Won the Debate:
                    Kristen Gillibrand   65%
                    Mark Warner         12%
                    Brian Schweitzer     8%
                    Claire Mccaskill        7%
                    No winner               8%

Who will you support for the Democratic Nomination:
                    Warner           29%
                    Gillibrand        27%
                    Schweitzer     15%
                    Mccaskill          7%

Hypothetical:      
                    Warner           25%
                    Gillibrand        24%
                    Schweitzer     13%
                    Mccaskill           5%
                    O'Malley           4%
                    Hagan              4%

June 17th, 2015- Rand Paul continues to avoid questions on whether or not he will form the Unapproval of Romney vote.

June 20th, 2015- Within Iran the revolutionaries form the NNIC- New National Iranian Coucil. Most of the members were formerly in the government opposition or leaders within the 2009 protests. It has 25 members.

June 21st, 2015- It is estimated 1/3 of Iran is under revolutionary control as new fronts emerge. Protesters control most of the Southwest of the Nation.

June 25th, 2015- Israel stresses the need to retake nuclear facilities as Russia and Chine continue to veto any action.

June 28th, 2015- Both the DNC and RNC make announcments on the final plans for their conventions. The Democratic Convention will be held in Seattle and the Republican Convention will be held in Salt Lake City.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 11:27:41 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2012, 11:40:21 PM by spamage »

July 2015

July 1st, 2015- The second Democratic Debate is held in Des Moines. The night is filled with tension between Gillibrand and Warner with her calling him "a true DINO". The following day Warner would respond "name-calling is not what we need in a President". Mccaskill rose above the fray and considerably won the debate. She recived several days of good press and recieved a moderate bump in the polls.

July 4th, 2015- Independence Day is celebrated nationwide. Romney holds a patriotic dinner at the White House.

July 7th, 2015- In a direct act, the U.S. and Israel make several military airdrops siezing Iranian potential nuclear sites. The follwing day there is shock,not outrage, in the media. It becomes more and more frightening when it is revealed there were 5 nuclear bombs found with many more under production. It is observed by many that if there were no nuclear weapons Romney's approval would have collapsed yet instead it rises due to a surge of patriotism over national security.

July 12th, 2015- In a TODAY Show interview O'Malley laughs off a run for President stating "It just doesn't feel right"

July 13th, 2015- The Iranian Revolutionaries move in towards Tehran as they break through the fronts due to Iranian attempts to retake nuclear sites.

July 17th, 2015- Continued rumors arise as Fidel Castro collapses at an event. His brother Raul admits he was hospitalized yet says he is now in better health, however, many people view this as false.

July 21st, 2015- Ahmadinejad flees Tehran and goes into hiding as protesters are able to see the lights of Tehran. Simultaneosly over 3 large cities are captured.

July 23rd, 2015- The U.S. officially, along with Israel, recognizes the NNIC as the true, official government of Iran. There is backlash from China and Russia.

July 27th, 2015- Many Democratic leaders attack Romney saying it wasn't worth putting troops on the ground. Their attack is viewed as baseless due to the missions sucess.

July 30th, 2015- Romney Approval Rating
               July             April
Approve         57%             50%
Undecided       30%             30%
Dissaprove      13%             20%

July 31st- Iowa polling is released:
           Warner 25%
           Mccaskill 15%
           Gillibrand 14%
           Schweitzer 14%
           Undecided 32%
CT27
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 12:35:36 AM »

Good story so far.

A question though:  if Romney became President, and the GOP had the Senate, wouldn't Thomas or Scalia resign from the Supreme Court so a younger conservative could be put on?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 12:38:47 AM »

Good story so far.

A question though:  if Romney became President, and the GOP had the Senate, wouldn't Thomas or Scalia resign from the Supreme Court so a younger conservative could be put on?
True. I did forget about the Supreme Court. I suppose that would be likely
CT27
Rookie
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 02:41:40 AM »

Just a friendly suggestion to maybe add it in the next segment.
Johnedwards2012

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 04:08:20 AM »

I think we're all missing something here. You've not thought about John Edwards.
Is Totally Not Feeblepizza.
Crackers
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »

I think we're all missing something here. You've not thought about John Edwards.
lolwut
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »

lolwut
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 02:38:46 PM »

Good!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 05:59:17 PM »

Nice timeline.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 12:53:19 AM »
« Edited: March 03, 2012, 03:28:12 PM by spamage »

Thanks for the support!

August 2015

August 1st, 2015- Rand Paul says he will make a desicion "sometime soon". Many of his supporters continue to urge him forward with moneybombs and draft movements.

August 3rd, 2015- Justices Scalia and Thomas announce they will both resign. Romney is expected to use several George Bush-era suggestions

August 5th, 2015- After 2 debates in 1 week it is openly viewed in the Democratic party that tension, similar to the Republicans in 2012, is building between 2 groups in the party. Gillibrand and Warner both are viewed as leaders for the respective groups.

August 7th, 2015- Romney nominates Priscilla Owen and Richard Allen Griffin for the Supreme Court nominations. Both will likely be accepted.

August 8th, 2015- Tehran is controlled by rebels. 80% of the country is theirs with the old government generally hiding in the northeast. They name Mashhad as the new capital.

August 9th, 2015- "When the President is reelected I will politely refuse a renomination for Secretary of Treasury. I view my time in that job has come to the close with my advancing age."

August 13th, 2015- Fidel Castro is found dead in his room. The Cuban government says it will continue on the path he wanted and started. In the U.S. there is celebration by many Cuban-Americans. Senator Rubio gives speeches in highlighting the new opprotunity to spread Democracy to the island.

August 15th, 2015- Romeys approval continues to shoot up with the end of Fidel and of Iran.
              August         July
Approve         65%           57%

Unsure          23%           30%

Dissapprove     12%           13%  

August 20th, 2015- "Yes, after seeing the hard work of my supporters, encouragement of my father, and the reminder of my dreams I will run for Preisdent. However, due to Romney's high approval I will not give the Democrats much ammunition. I will not air negative adds or attack Romney. Instead I will just use my alternate vision for the direction of the country."

August 23rd, 2015- Polling

Republicans:
Mitt Romney- 83%
Rand Paul- 17%

Democrats:
Warner- 32%
Gillibrand-30%
Mccaskill-17%
Schweitzer-7%

August 27th, 2015- Bill O'Reilly "Look, to me its obvious. Paul is just building a base he can expand on in 2020. He has no chance of winning this thing."

August 30th, 2015- Patty Murray reveals she is resigning due to health concerns. The electionn will be held in November.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 05:03:58 AM »

Great timeline.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 10:11:53 AM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 05:53:28 PM »

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 09:22:57 PM »

September 2015
(just realized I probably wont be able to use superdelegates)

September 1st, 2015- After continued bad debating Brian Schweitzer begins focusing on only just Iowa.

September 5th, 2015- Romney campaigns with Jaime Herrera in Washington, she is expected to win the states Republican Primaries.

September 9th, 2015- The NNIC begins plans on a new form of government. Thew only skirmishing in the nation is occuring in the Northeast as Amedinejad is in complete hiding. Many expect a system similar to the United States. However there are those in the country who wish to use a parlimentary system.

September 11th, 2015- America remembers the 14th aniversary of 9/11. All campaigns take this day of for both prayer and remberance.

September 13th, 2015- The last of Iran's old nuclear missiles are began to be destroyed. There is a feeling of relief around the United States. Rand Paul admits he was initually against Iranian intervention however, after seeing Romney's handling of the situation he does currently support it.

September 18th, 2015- Only a small security force remains in Afghanistan. It is now considered stable as many Taliban leaders have been captured.

September 21st, 2015- The latest batch of polls are released. Many pundits view the polls as a boost for Mccaskill due to 2 strong debates. However, Gillibrand holds strong in New Hampshire.

Democratic National:
Gillibrand 34%
Warner 34%
Mccaskill 20%
Schweitzer 9%

Republican National:

Romney 86%
Paul 14%

Democratic Iowa:
Warner 23%
Mccaskill 20%
Schweitzer 15%
Gillibrand 10%

Republican Iowa:
Romney 74%
Paul 23%

Democratic New Hampshire:
Gillibrand 45%
Warner 23%
Mccaskill 17%
Schweitzer 5%

Republican New Hampshire:
Romney 86%
Paul 9%

September 26th, 2015- Both the Democratic and Republican Washington Senatorial Primaries are held. Jaime Herrera wins with over 70% for Republicans while Lisa Brown, Washington Senate Majority leader, recieves 56%.

September 30th, 2015- Iran adopts a Parlimentary System after weeks of debating. A compromise was reached with elections every 4 years instead of 6. Also they decide to use the old flag as their new one.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies