Looking ahead just a bit.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:36:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Looking ahead just a bit.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Looking ahead just a bit.  (Read 1500 times)
NCeriale
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »

Newt Gingrich will not be allowed on the ticket because the only thing worse than the ticket-killing eventuality of losing badly to Obama is the remote possibility of Gingrich being VP
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »

I don't think Gingrich will drop out unless he loses GA, and even then he might still stay in. He's probably gunning for VP, though I doubt it's likely that he'll get it.

The only person who would give it to him is Santorum.  If he stays in the race, Santorum will not be the nominee.

A Santorum/Gingrich ticket would be a gift from Baby Jesus for the Democrats.

I'm not arguing that; I'm arguing that this is the only path of Gingrich surviving the summer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 07:06:36 PM »

Remember this, also, Michigan is NOT a Romney victory, I repeat, Michigan is NOT a Romney victory.  Romney and Santorum will each get 15 delegates from the state, making the state a tie.  So, Romney really can't claim victory even in Michigan.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 07:18:56 PM »

Remember this, also, Michigan is NOT a Romney victory, I repeat, Michigan is NOT a Romney victory.  Romney and Santorum will each get 15 delegates from the state, making the state a tie.  So, Romney really can't claim victory even in Michigan.

I doubt most voters know or care about that.
ajb
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 07:24:20 PM »

They can be made to care. The Santorum campaign could learn from the Obama campaign's work post-Super Tuesday 2008 on that front.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 07:57:06 PM »

They can be made to care. The Santorum campaign could learn from the Obama campaign's work post-Super Tuesday 2008 on that front.

I doubt if they will, Romney is better shape than Hilary at this point.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies