Inks' approvals as a moderator of Forum Community
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:32:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Inks' approvals as a moderator of Forum Community
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: ?
Strongly approve

Somewhat approve

Neutral

Somewhat dissaprove

Strongly disapprove

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Inks' approvals as a moderator of Forum Community  (Read 6519 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2012, 09:36:28 PM »

No kid who sees a swear word on the internet is going to have a massive moral breakdown. In fact, most of them probably already know the word anyway.

Even setting aside the fact that the "think of the children" argument is some sort of magical fantasy scenario that I highly doubt actually happens in many cases at all, the idea that a kid would get in trouble for reading some random off-color remark about having legal sex with someone, but apparently this entire thread (which includes a more explicit sexual joke by Mikado than the infracted sexual joke by opebo certainly was) is completely in line, is a f**king joke. There is no rational explanation for this and the precedent it sets and every single person on the Mod team knows it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »

Oh it definitely is, which makes it hilarious when some of the moderators get all uppity about enforcing it very literally as if it is the word of God, and then will, on other issues, just sort of let it slide.

If that's referencing me, I've never advocated that the ToS should always be upheld 100% literally all the time.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2012, 10:27:54 PM »

No kid who sees a swear word on the internet is going to have a massive moral breakdown. In fact, most of them probably already know the word anyway.

Even setting aside the fact that the "think of the children" argument is some sort of magical fantasy scenario that I highly doubt actually happens in many cases at all, the idea that a kid would get in trouble for reading some random off-color remark about having legal sex with someone, but apparently this entire thread (which includes a more explicit sexual joke by Mikado than the infracted sexual joke by opebo certainly was) is completely in line, is a f**king joke. There is no rational explanation for this and the precedent it sets and every single person on the Mod team knows it.

Nobody had reported the thread...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2012, 10:31:07 PM »

My biggest problem is he cares more about very mild profanity that offends basically no one under 50 and that I've heard at church events and work meetings before rather than actually offensive things like those disgusting unfunny "letter" threads that used to heavily infest the board (yes they were eventually cracked down upon but not until after they were everywhere.)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »

Let's face it: Some of you just want to turn this place into the red-headed little step-brother of Democratic Underground.

This used to be a lot more bipartisan of a place. Now one of the last Republican moderators is being targeted for assassination? Inks is fair. You will be happy to know that nobody has been more on my case than him with regards to my trolling. I deserved a lot of it. Inks cares about this place and does not want to see it sink into irrelevance, which is what will happen if some liberals on here have their way. Truth be told, my so-called trolling in the 2012 forum was in response to all of the Obama hackery I have witnessed over the past couple of years, which was reaching levels of absurdity by this summer. I am glad the Obama hackery has finally taken a hit because this place is US Election Atlas, not US Democratic LaLa-Land. If I wanted to read a bunch of delusional Democratic rantings with the stifling of dissent, I would go to Democratic Underground. I am glad the tide is turning, and hopefully the trend will continue so this place can regain its past glory.
I think jmfcst would be a good replacement if we want to have a Republican moderator.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2012, 10:38:47 PM »

Current Standing:

35.71% approve
55.71% disapprove
8.57% neutral
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »

He reminds me of the Pharisees who were upset by Jesus Christ.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2012, 12:57:20 AM »

He reminds me of the Pharisees who were upset by Jesus Christ.

Who's Jesus in this picture?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2012, 03:15:03 AM »

Anyone you've ever infracted.

Remember Jesus said "What you have done to the least of these, you have done to me."
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2012, 03:34:12 AM »

Anyone you've ever infracted.

Remember Jesus said "What you have done to the least of these, you have done to me."

That one doesn't really apply...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies