The illegal immigrants desperate to escape squalor of Britain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:20:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The illegal immigrants desperate to escape squalor of Britain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The illegal immigrants desperate to escape squalor of Britain  (Read 2877 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: February 29, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »

I don't understand why they want to go back to India. Apparently they don't want to go back to their families? If they don't do that when they get back to India, what else will they do? I wonder if they have thought things through.

As for xenophobia in Europe vs America, I tend to think Europe is more xenophobic. Most definitely in the case of places like Switzerland. Britain and America might be about the same on balance.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:19:46 PM »

We don't have parties like the BNP or French National Party (they actually get votes). What, the American Third Position Party gets a 1,000 votes tops? Come on. The Islamic Center was controversial, and we were not ready for it. Times have to change, and the change needed for that center to be built is a good 4-5 years down the line. I usually am not offended by this type of post, but Europeans really can’t lecture us on these things. America and Europe are equally guilty of these troubles.

This is a pretty hilarious post from someone with a picture of Ron Paul in their signature.

Yeah, you can't support Ron Paul and not be a horrible racist. Let's just go ahead and ignore that his foreign policy and policy on the war on drugs would lead to less browns getting killed or blacks and hispanics (and poors of all colors really) getting put in jail. Let's focus on a newsletter he may or may not have have proofread 20 years ago. Makes perfect sense.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:30:04 PM »

Let us assume that that he does harbor these feelings, it's not as if he is campaigning on them, is he? Which would make him different from the BNP and other far right parties of Europe who are quite open about what they are. It's not fair to characterize all Paul supporters as being the same ilk as the supporters of Europe's far right.

Then again Chairman"Sanchez" has said some interesting things in the past so in his case.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies