Poll: Between Romney and Santorum who do you want to win the nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:04:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Poll: Between Romney and Santorum who do you want to win the nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Between Romney and Santorum who do you want to win the nomination?
Romney

Santorum

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: Poll: Between Romney and Santorum who do you want to win the nomination?  (Read 3093 times)
Tidewater_Wave
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2012, 10:44:49 PM »

Well I imagine Santorum got votes on here from Democrats who want him to lose the primaries. It's ok though because I would've voted for Dean or Kucinich. Santorum is from my home town sort of, born about 20 minutes away and represented the next district over. He could win PA only because he's from there and would do better than expected, but he's not as likely to beat Obama. Romney has experience governing and in my book he's conservative enough. Nothing is more important than one's party winning the white house in politics. This sounds bad but is the cold hard truth. Winning the white house means winning every federal department and agency. There are too many positions available to risk my vote in the primaries or even on election day if I wasn't satisfied with the nominee.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2012, 10:55:30 PM »

Romney. He's a lousy candidate but Santorum is nuts.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2012, 11:11:43 PM »

As much as I try to fight it, I'd have to say Romney. Would be really nice to have a candidate that could debate Obama on healthcare, or considered himself the President of the poor as well as the middle class - but it's more important to have someone who might possibly think twice, at least for a moment,  about going to war with Iran or some other random Muslim country. 

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2012, 11:15:25 PM »

Romney: his views (to the extent he has any) are somewhat more sane, and he's actually the weaker candidate for the general election: Santorum actually has considerable appeal to blue-collar whites, Obama's greatest electoral vulnerability, while Romney is pretty much the worst possible candidate for this demographic.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 01:54:12 AM »

Romney.  He has a better chance to win, and if he wins, he can handle governing better. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies