Huckabee to host candidate forum on Saturday night in Ohio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:59:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Huckabee to host candidate forum on Saturday night in Ohio
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huckabee to host candidate forum on Saturday night in Ohio  (Read 646 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 29, 2012, 05:20:51 AM »

So apparently, while we don't have any bona fide debates on the calendar, at least three of the candidates (Gingrich, Romney, and Santorum) will be attending this Huckabee event in Ohio on Saturday night, from 8-10pm on Fox News Channel:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/28/huckabee-will-host-a-presidential-forum-on-fox-news/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This will be happening simultaneously with results coming in from the Washington caucuses.  So I guess no caucus night rally (with victory and concession speeches) for the candidates?  Or maybe they'll do that immediately after the Huckabee event.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:45:50 AM »

Interesting. Too bad I'll be at work.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:54:44 AM »

Can they get out to WA by the time the polls close? I know they will be closing very late (Eastern time) but I don't think it would be enough time.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »

Wait...the caucus begins at 10 AM on Saturday. Now barring a Nevada-esque catastrophe, shouldn't results start to come in at about 4 PM (Eastern)? I guess they can't monitor results from the state though since they wouldn't be back east in time.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:04 AM »

The Huckabee show is as boring as hell, and his format is that each candidate sits down with Huck for 12 minutes or something (longer I guess if it goes on for 2 hours rather than one), and responds to his softball questions, subject to to rule that they cannot mention, much less criticize, the other candidates. So all in all in my opinion it is one great big nothing, and like a tree falling in the forest that nobody hears.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:21 AM »

Wait...the caucus begins at 10 AM on Saturday. Now barring a Nevada-esque catastrophe, shouldn't results start to come in at about 4 PM (Eastern)? I guess they can't monitor results from the state though since they wouldn't be back east in time.

Not only do they start at 10 AM PT, but the actual vote they record and give to the media is done at sign-in, which should end by 10 AM.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »

In 2008, there weren't really a significant number of result out until after 10pm Eastern:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=70146.60

Though, via some googling, it looks like 2008's caucuses began at 1pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern:

http://hope-for-pandora.blogspot.com.au/2008/01/washington-precinct-caucuses-2008.html

whereas this time it's 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern.  Either way, given the general fiasco that was the Washington Republican caucuses last time around, I would not necessarily expect the networks to be able to call the race by the time this Huckabee event starts at 8pm.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »

The Huckabee show is as boring as hell, and his format is that each candidate sits down with Huck for 12 minutes or something (longer I guess if it goes on for 2 hours rather than one), and responds to his softball questions, subject to to rule that they cannot mention, much less criticize, the other candidates. So all in all in my opinion it is one great big nothing, and like a tree falling in the forest that nobody hears.

My thoughts exactly. I tried to watch one of his earlier forums. I didn't make it through the first ten minutes.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 07:18:28 PM »

For entertainment value, the results should be announced live during the candidate forum: Huckabee will be handed an envelope with the vote totals, which he will dramatically open and declare, "Mitt...you are NOT THE WINNER of Washington's caucuses." Santorum will do a victory dance and a random black woman will run up on stage screaming and try to pull some of Romney's hair out. Several chairs will also be thrown.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 12:45:58 AM »

For entertainment value, the results should be announced live during the candidate forum: Huckabee will be handed an envelope with the vote totals, which he will dramatically open and declare, "Mitt...you are NOT THE WINNER of Washington's caucuses." Santorum will do a victory dance and a random black woman will run up on stage screaming and try to pull some of Romney's hair out. Several chairs will also be thrown.

Nah.  Rather than try to pull it out, she ought to see if his hair is as flame-retardant as Romney said it is.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 04:24:53 AM »

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Washington-GOP-Caucuses-What-you-need-to-know-140958623.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So apparently the Washington GOP will announce caucus results just as the Huckabee event is starting.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies