2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:35:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)  (Read 84365 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 14, 2012, 08:44:29 AM »

And that was uneventful. No incumbents lost. Albert Gore is the nominee in Mississippi.

I disagree that nothing significant happened on the congressional front.  It is important to note that Bonner and Nunnelee (and to a lesser degree Bachus, since Beason had plenty of problems of his own) won by less than they should have.  As was pointed on DKE, incumbents losing is not the only measure of anti-incumbent sentiment.  It seems clear that many Republicans (and I suspect many Democrats, but their is currently less evidence on that front) are not happy with THEIR congressmen (as opposed to being angry at everyone else's congressmen).  I'm not saying 2012 is going to be some mass anti-incumbent tidal wave.  I'm just saying that this is an important, albeit predictable, development. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »

What's going on Tuesday? Nothing in West Virginia, but in Indiana Dick Lugar looks to be on his way out. There are also de facto general elections on the Republican side in the open IN-05 and IN-06. There's a former Congressman running in IN-05, David McIntosh.

In North Carolina, Republicans have primaries in NC-07, 08, 09, 11, and 13. Democrats have a gubernatorial primary.

Oh, also there's the primary for the Wisconsin recall.

There's also the Republican primary in IN-8.  Bucschon will probably win, but I suspect it will be at least somewhat close, and he could lose (which would increase the chances of Crooks winning).  At least that's the sense I've gotten, although I could be completely off.  There's the Democratic primary in IN-9, but I am not sure that it matters much who wins there.  Interestingly, Capito actually seems to have a non-some dude primary opponent (a state delegate, in fact), although she'll probably still win by quite a bit.  There is also the Republican primary in NC-3, Jones should win, but from what I understand his opponent has been getting a lot of help from Campaign for Primary Accountability (among others).  Lastly, there are a bunch of other primaries for both parties (mainly Republicans though) for various North Carolina statewide offices. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies